Poll: Do you use Alidropship or Alidropship Woo?

Do you use Alidropship or Alidropship Woo?

• Total voters

ibrendan

Just a poll to see what platform users are happier with. I'm sure we could all benefit from the results :)

Direct Webstore

I've gone from Original to Woo, back to the Original again, and finally back to Woo again. Even with Woo's CPU problems, which are easily managed by following the tips in this forum ... I find it much more flexible functions wise with the Flatsome theme plus with all the extra plugins available.

And the CPU problem WILL be fixed by Woocommerce in the future (I hope). There's already a beta plugin on Github which spreads the products over several database tables instead of everything being in one table which is the cause of the problem. Don't ask me for the link, you'll have to search for it. I don't need to use it. By following guidelines I don't have the CPU problem ... yet.

;)

ibrendan

I've gone from Original to Woo, back to the Original again, and finally back to Woo again. Even with Woo's CPU problems, which are easily managed by following the tips in this forum ... I find it much more flexible functions wise with the Flatsome theme plus with all the extra plugins available.

And the CPU problem WILL be fixed by Woocommerce in the future (I hope). There's already a beta plugin on Github which spreads the products over several database tables instead of everything being in one table which is the cause of the problem. Don't ask me for the link, you'll have to search for it. I don't need to use it. By following guidelines I don't have the CPU problem ... yet.

;)
Thanks for the feedback, the more I look at it, the more sense it makes to switch to woo. I do like woo-commerce (used it on my first sites) It was definitely more flexible, and way easier to implement tracking scripts for facebook and google. Just took a huge amount of trial and error to get it all working properly, which is what I'm apprehensive about.

By the way, I'm always impressed by how much effort you put into your responses. Thanks for all the help thus far!

jasbro

@DWS , But in comparison alidropship plugin have space more than ali woo. As in Ali woo i can only upload 500 products.Is not true?while I want to upload more than 500 products.Can i use Ali woo for unlimited products upload?

Direct Webstore

As in Ali woo i can only upload 500 products.Is not true?
It's not as simple and black and white as that. Other factors are involved. Such as your hosting environment and whether you have many products with variations or simple products. If mostly simple/single products you can have many more products.

Of course you can have as many products as you like if you turn off Auto Update and just run it manually each day. All this and more has been discussed in that very long thread on the CPU problem.

Another thing to consider is that many people make the mistake of filling their stores with as many products as they can and the bulk of those products are crap. Sometimes "more" is not "better". It's much better in a "niche" store to have very carefully selected products. Good quality products. Popular products with good reviews etc. If you do that 500 products are plenty. Look at any big department store's websites. Look at the different categories. They don't have thousands of products in each category. And they have been in business a long time and know what they are doing.

Taking all that into consideration, using Woo with lesser, but better quality products is much better than a store filled to the roof with crap products. Customers don't want to waste time searching through mountains of crap to find something good. They'll give up and leave. They can go and wade through eBay or Amazon if they like looking at thousands of crap products.

Having carefully selected products is the very core of a niche store. It's not a general store with everything under the Sun crammed into it.

I've seen some niche stores that only have about 50 products and they do very well.

As an example, say you had 10 categories, with 50 carefully picked, top selling, popular quality products in each category. That's 500 products. I bet that store would do much better than a store with 10 categories with every product you could find crammed into them.

There are many stories about this sort of thing on the net and Youtube. I'm not the only one with this opinion.

;)

Mar

@DWS , But in comparison alidropship plugin have space more than ali woo. As in Ali woo i can only upload 500 products.Is not true?while I want to upload more than 500 products.Can i use Ali woo for unlimited products upload?
I have 2417 products with 45508 product variations and growing with Autoupdate enabled. I don't have any problem with CPU usage.

1555846834718.png

1555846121216.png

1555846175152.png

Mar

... and here is a good example of that...

That "Interserver" host is pretty good, ay? I've moved 4 of my sites to it and no problems yet. Thanks for the tip on it. ;)
If you notice your site loads slowly than usual, it is the LiteSpeed Cache plugin. That is what happened at my end. Took a number of days to find out until I tried to remove LiteSpeed Cache and installed W3 Total cache. Now the site is loading much better than when LiteSpeed cache was working fine. I reported it to the host provider, they created a test site and I installed LiteSpeed cache. The want to show it to the LiteSpeed Cache developers. It was useless, all they can recommend is optimize images even if they are already optimized.

Direct Webstore

it is the LiteSpeed Cache plugin
The plugin or the built in one in the cPanel? The one in the cPanel kept displaying an error when I first tried to enable it. (Can't remember what it was now) So now I use Rocket Cache and page speed loading is around 2-4 seconds. Which is good enough for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mar

Mar

The plugin or the built in one in the cPanel? The one in the cPanel kept displaying an error in when I first tried to enable it. (Can't remember what it was now) So now I use Rocket Cache and page speed loading is around 2-4 seconds. Which is good enough for me.
The cPanel built in is LiteSpeed Cache. It was good at my end at the start, but as the site was growing with more and more products, it was slowing down. Yes other good cache plugin is better in this case. One thing good with the test site is the fact that another site exactly the same size as the primary domain can be added in this lowly shared hosting making resources used double, the site did not slow down.

jasbro

So, as @Mar is using Ali woo with more than 500 products. So i can also change my site from alidropship plugin to Ali woo plugin.And there will be no problem, As my site is also hosted with these options:
Processing Power & Memory 2X
Websites Unlimited
SSD Space 20GB
Bandwidth Unlimited
MySQL Databases Unlimited.
What you recomanded?

Mar

So, as @Mar is using Ali woo with more than 500 products. So i can also change my site from alidropship plugin to Ali woo plugin.And there will be no problem, As my site is also hosted with these options:
Processing Power & Memory 2X
Websites Unlimited
SSD Space 20GB
Bandwidth Unlimited
MySQL Databases Unlimited.
What you recomanded?
There is no guarantee. My site used to be in a VPS plan with 4 CPU cores and 8GB RAM. I have all the errors related to resources, data base and downtimes every now and then. The host provider can only recommend upgrade to the next tier. I berated them so much of that and demanded refund for the upgrade.

Direct Webstore

What you recomanded?
Seeing as both Mar and I have no problems with Interserver hosting (cheap too), they "could be recommended" ... but like Mar said ...
There is no guarantee.

I just took a gamble based on what Mar had already said about them, and I was lucky that it works well for me too. But different people may get different results. The way you set your site up, other plugins and other factors etc come into play as well.

As for your current hosting, only you can tell us if it's any good by actually trying Woo on it ... or borrow a crystal ball from someone.

;)

Last edited:

Jin Jie

@Direct Webstore. Is Interserver better than my existing host (SiteGround)? And which plan do you recommend for starting out?
STANDARD WEB HOSTING? I am coming up to the renewal date, and the prices with them have shot right up.

Direct Webstore

Is Interserver better than my existing host (SiteGround)?
There is no guarantee.
.. and read my post above yours. ;)

As for Siteground itself, I have never used them, but Mar and others could probably give you horror stories, but she's probably sick of talking about them by now.

Just type "Siteground" into the search above.

But from what I've read, I wouldn't use Siteground.

;)

jasbro

I have not yet changed my plugin to Aliwoo. Thats why i asked you .As i want to import more than 500 products on my site.Thats why i started to built site with Ali plugin(as i have read that Aliwoo limited to only 500 products to upload). But from your messages i have come to know that i can also use Aliwoo plugin to upload more than 500 products.So if you confirm,then i uninstall normal plugin and install Aliwoo plugin.

Direct Webstore

So if you confirm,then i uninstall normal plugin and install Aliwoo plugin.
Like both Mar and I have said above ... "No guarantees" so I'm not going to confirm anything. It depends on various factors. You need to "experiment" and just try things. That's what I've done. Please re-read what has been said above.

But if you do decide to try it ... you better BACK UP your Original plugin site first (Files and Database) so you can restore it if Woo is not to your liking or you have problems.

If you don't know how to backup and restore a site ... you better look for a plugin that will do it.

;)

Last edited: