Paypal Currency Issue

shailferns

Hi,
I am getting Currency issue on Paypal, If we select any currency at checkout page then Paypal showing order amount in INR only as attached in screenshot but after placed any order then showing default currency USD at "Thank you page"

As talk to Papal Technical Engineer also but they said contact with your Web Developer and tell them Order amount should be change according to the selected country/currency otherwise Cross-Border payment will not accept by Paypal.

Pls gave me a solution. If anyone want to check so pls visit "urbestow.com"

As far as I know, Paypal will charge based on the primary currency you selected while setting up your paypal account. This is irrespective of which currency you are viewing the rates in. You can check this under 'Money' tab in your paypal business account & add currencies you wish to receive payments in. Best is to keep in USD to avoid any loss due to exchange rate fluctuations. I may be wrong but this is what I understand.

shailferns

Yes in PayPal my primary currency in INR but if I will change this currency so Indian customer will not get any issue while they pay through indian cards ?

Most cards now are built for international use in different currency. This should usually not be a challenge. But again, banks may charge conversion fee which may discourage them. So it depends on your source market. If you are looking at getting more share of business from India then you can leave it to INR, if you are looking at global sales then I would say USD works best.

Direct Webstore

I want to setup PayPal account for international buyers only because alidropship team said you cannot use PayPal for INR and USD currency both together.

Pls read email if anyone have solution so pls provide.

My Paypal has U.S and Australian Dollars. No problem. Rather than asking here ... why don't you write to Paypal support and ask them?

Direct Webstore

I want to setup PayPal account for international buyers only
How are you going to make international buyers use Paypal instead of credit/debit card and Indian customers use the credit card instead of Paypal? It can't be done. You can't control people like that. It's crazy.

Why don't you just use U.S dollars? I live in Australia and sell worldwide and my site's main currency is set to U.S dollars. Even my Australian customers see U.S dollars at checkout. Then Paypal converts it to Australian dollars when they process it. And my Paypal's main currency is set to U.S dollars as well. It also has Australian dollars for me to use personally.

Because I sell internationally, I don't use Australian dollars. I use the biggest currency in the world ... U.S dollars. Why do you have to use Rupees?

Simple. Don't use Rupees. The same as I don't use Australian dollars. The same as Alidropship staff don't use Russian money, they use U.S dollars in all their stores.

Set your main Paypal currency to U.S dollars and your site to U.S dollars and move on to the next problem.

;)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Is it because you are doing these transactions from within India? What happens when a customer outside India uses Paypal?

Direct Webstore

Well for God's sake ... or Ganesh's sake ... change your Paypal to US Dollars again. And if it's still displaying Rupees when you change it to U.S dollars ... write to Paypal support again.

It does not seem likely you are going to get any answers here in the forum or from Alidropship staff.

Write to Paypal again.

I give up.

shailferns

Already tried but not resolved. Actually, Paypal team already mentioned in attached screenshot regarding the same thing" there is no relation between website checkout page and PayPal Primary currency settings"

Now again set up my primary currency is USD but still getting the same issue. I share with you screenshot after setup "primary currency USD" under money tab in PayPal business page but it's not changing on my website at checkout page thatswhy cross-border payment issue.

Kindly check all 3 screenshots in which all settings are showing.

1) INR 1 & 2 (Showing INR currency even my default curreny in USD and customer location is chosen different)
2) Currency Setting (Showing Alidropship Plugin setting)
3) USD (Paypal Primary currency)

Now, Please tell where I need to modify?

Hi,

I think you should double check 2 things more:-

1) Under tools, Business setup have you ensure there is a tick on 'You can now receive international payments' To do this you have to complete few steps which are guided. Unless you see a tick on this you would not be allowed to collect payment internationally.
2) Have you tested to see if users from other countries when they reach checkout also see it in INR or in USD. It is possible that since you shop from Indian IP it by default gives you local currencies.

If all this is well & you still see a problem. You can then take all this information & email paypal in one email with all troubleshooting you did. They should then be able to suggest you something. All the best !