Notifications Issues

MonkeyK

Hi there,
It's pretty exciting I got first order yesterday since bought the original plugin last Dec. But the big issue is my customer only received payment email from Stripe and no any purchase confirmation email from my web store, I only tested the notifications on Contact Form and Registration Form before, one looks good and another one works not as expectation. My first real order shows me the Purchase email notification doesn't work at all, I guess the Order shipped notification may not work too since I haven't chance to try it. Most people may not recognize the notification bugs yet because no real order placed on their site yet.

I am so frustrating and have to find some reasonable excuse to explain to my customer.
Any suggestion for me? Thanks.

Mar

Hi there,
It's pretty exciting I got first order yesterday since bought the original plugin last Dec. But the big issue is my customer only received payment email from Stripe and no any purchase confirmation email from my web store, I only tested the notifications on Contact Form and Registration Form before, one looks good and another one works not as expectation. My first real order shows me the Purchase email notification doesn't work at all, I guess the Order shipped notification may not work too since I haven't chance to try it. Most people may not recognize the notification bugs yet because no real order placed on their site yet.

I am so frustrating and have to find some reasonable excuse to explain to my customer.
Any suggestion for me? Thanks.
The fact is many people have orders in their store and they don't have issues in notification e-mails because it is working in their site. It is likely that your e-mail is not set-up properly that is why you have this issue.

MonkeyK

The fact is many people have orders in their store and they don't have issues in notification e-mails because it is working in their site. It is likely that your e-mail is not set-up properly that is why you have this issue.
Thanks Mar. I am checking my setup now.

MonkeyK

I told mu customer to check his spam folder and the purchase email notification did stay there, how come? is any way to fix this issue?

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

I told mu customer to check his spam folder and the purchase email notification did stay there, how come? is any way to fix this issue?
Could you please let me know what mail service you have integrated?

MonkeyK

I am using Mailgun. Their response will be in 24 hours, which is not bad. Below is the explanation that I just received from Mailgun:

Once a message is delivered it is up to the recipient server to place the message into the inbox. Most recipient servers have spam/antivirus filters that the messages are checked against. False positives within the content can cause messages to be placed into the spam filter or filtered out altogether. Keep mind different spam filters have different restrictions. We have no way of knowing what exactly caused a message to be sent to spam folder.
 You can reach out to Yahoo directly for clarification. In the meantime Ive adjusted your IP. Continue to monitor your sending and reply back if the issue persist.

MonkeyK

My customer's order gets shipped and plugin change the the status, also the shipped notification went to her inbox as expectation, so it sounds the issue gets fixed by adjusting my IP like Mailgun's response above.:)