No More 45 Day Guarantee - Is this New?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Direct Webstore

I just discovered (Maybe I'm a bit slow) that the "45 Day Money Back Guarantee" no longer exists on Aliexpress. Sellers can state a shipping time up to 60 days (not 45) and you can only get a refund for non delivered products after that. And sellers have 15 days after that to issue the refund. That's a possible 75 days from the time of shipment for a customer to get a refund for a lost delivery.

*What is 'Full refund if product isn’t received within the stated delivery time'?
buyerprotection_delivery_guarantee.png

Sellers on AliExpress set the delivery time period (anything up to a maximum of 60 days). If a buyer shows that they did not receive their purchase within this stated delivery time, the seller will give a full refund.

How do I request a refund?

1.If the stated delivery time is approaching and you still have not received your purchase, you can sign in to My AliExpress, select the transaction/order and click the Open Dispute button. Complete all the necessary steps as instructed in order to start the process for a full refund. After that, you may negotiate with the seller about agreeing a solution .
2. When you file a claim (or when the system automatically files a claim 15 days after you have opened a dispute), the AliExpress Case Management Team will handle and help solve your case based on the stated delivery time. If the team received the claim but the stated delivery time still has not been reached, they will continue to handle your case until it ends..

I have also noticed some of my orders have shipping times longer than 60 days, in violation of Aliexpress's rules above. I've contacted those sellers but I doubt my chances of getting any sense out of them. So I will probably remove all products from those sellers and not use them again.

... https://www.aliexpress.com/buyerprotection/how_to_be_eligible.html

This is for refunds based on not receiving the product. It's unclear in the rules how it affects refunds based on defects or other reasons. But refunds for those reasons can be refunded as soon as you receive the item, like usual. I've written to Aliexpress Support today and asked them to clarify.

Time to edit my Refund Policy page and a few images.

Last edited:

ruriimasu

I've gotten a few refund requests due to slow deliveries. Aliexpress isn't keen to help out with refunds. I ended up giving refunds and the customers ended up getting the items delivered to them more than 60 days later and keeping their money.

I feel way too vulnerable doing dropshipping with how Aliexpress is conducting their disputes nowadays.

Direct Webstore

I'm talking about the refund guarantee time period. Not some imagined reluctance of Alidropship to give refunds to you. That statement is totally ridiculous as refunds are given by individual sellers, NOT Alidropship. It's actually Alidropship's idea for the guaranteed refunds in order to help keep the sellers honest.

That's just off-topic paranoia. I have not even once had a problem getting a refund from a seller when I needed to. Nor have I heard of anyone else having a problem getting a refund.

I feel way too vulnerable
Definitely paranoia.

Now back to the refund GUARANTEE TIME PERIOD that this thread is about. Not that anyone seems to care or even understand what it's about. LOL ;)

Time to edit my Refund Policy page and a few images.

Never mind. Close the thread. I've already edited everything in my stores to remove any mentions of "guaranteed" refunds in order to not encourage customers to abuse it.

Problem Solved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.