Newbie confusions

MonkeyK

Hi everyone,
Excited to join the community.. I am pretty new to work on setup my online dropshipping store, but really got confused these two plugins. AilDropship and AliDropship WOO
Based on my research and understanding:
1. I can get a built-in blog website once WordPress gets installed and picked my domain then hosted the site.
2. I can add basic eCommerce features such as product categories, shopping cart, checkout/payment etc. once installed WooCommerce plugin.
I want to my site can be integrated with AliExpress.com which can easily import and sync inventory data with AliExpress,
It sounds above 2 plugins can get job done.
based on the comparisons of AliDropship vs AliDropship Woo, I only can pick one of them
if plugin AliDropship (I should go this way from your introduce), I got all original version features, but I didn't found any features related to product categories, shopping cart and checkout/payment which means I have to implement these functions by myself or other ways. Also I noticed you are only selling the Woo version for $89 on your website, so I don't know where I can get the original version.
if I plugin AliDropship Woo with WordPress+WooCommerce, I won't get some nice features such as Abandoned cart (not quite understand it), Email List, Cross-sell and Discount.
So long in short, I got lost and not sure what I should do to move to next steps.

Big Thanks. Have a great day!
cleardot.gif

jubran

Hey

Based on your text, you're newbie so definitely go with the normal version of alidropship. Woo version is recommended if you can design your own store, create enhanced marketing campaigns, etc...

MonkeyK

Big thanks for your reminder, buddy! It's good to know this issue at the very beginning. Also I am wondering what the exact benefits to keep people migrating from original version to woo version, it's really necessary for old users to do that?

Direct Webstore

Also I am wondering what the exact benefits to keep people migrating from original version to woo version, it's really necessary for old users to do that?

It's really a individual choice. I tried the original plugin first .. . then used the Woo version ... then went back to the original and used a child theme and modified the Davinci theme pretty heavily to make it unique. The reason I went back to the original plugin is because ...

1. I think the order processing is easier and more steam-lined.

and

2. It's at the head of the line as far as development and support goes.

:)

neeraj89

It's really a individual choice. I tried the original plugin first .. . then used the Woo version ... then went back to the original and used a child theme and modified the Davinci theme pretty heavily to make it unique. The reason I went back to the original plugin is because ...

1. I think the order processing is easier and more steam-lined.

and

2. It's at the head of the line as far as development and support goes.

:)
Is there anyway to use Upsell feature with the original version?

neeraj89

Not at the moment ... as far as I know. I might try to modify a Woo plugin one of these days ... unless the Alidropship team comes up with something first. :)
haha good bro, you got good knowledge. i have been following you since very beginning. Alidropship team will take more time i guess, i dont see it coming soon. ;)

MonkeyK

Thank you all so much. I just start to setup my online store from scratch now. Very welcome anybody can provide any advice/experience when you start your business so that I can shorten my learn curve. Hope all of us are able to get our own business running smoothly and make money for living in the future.
Have a great day! buddies!
David