New Update 1.2.2 Tracking Function Issue

Real Residual

Hi Admins:

The tracking function no longer works. Here's what I do everyday and before 1.2.2 it was working fine.

1) List of orders, select to filter orders status to Processing
2) Click on <All Sync>
3) Wait and the ones with tracking info will update.

Now, when I do step 2, nothing happens.
I have to go to each one of the items and click on SYNC, and I see the little sync arrow icon rotates... but the tracking is not updated in real time (ajax issue?), so I have to refresh the page and THEN I see the tracking appear.

So this is what I have to do now.

1) List orders, select to filter status to "Processing"
2) Go down the list of the orders, click on the sync button next to each line item. 20 line items per page, 20 clicks. - Time Consuming
3) Wait for 5 seconds, making sure the API has enough time to download
4) Refresh the page to see which ones got tracking numbers.
5) Just to be sure we got all tracking numbers, sometimes after processing the orders with tracking numbers and marked them shipped (custom status), I will go to all the others ones with no tracking and click on SYNC again. Wait 5 seconds, then refresh the page... Go down the list to make sure no new tracking numbers have been retrieved... The reason being, I CANNOT TRUST THE PLUGIN TO DO ITS JOB!

This is not OPTIMIZATION... We are going backwards.

Another thing, guys we really appreciate the updates and new features, but can we spend a little more time testing on a real live store before releasing? Ever since the 1.0.0 release where the variation nice attributes were messed up, I feel like updating is like going into a minefield. I have a store that is doing ok and I cannot afford to have issues like this. I would rather wait longer for new features than to have to spend time reverting back to backups. So please, guys, test thoroughly then release? Or what I'll have to do is not updating and wait for weeks between new releases just to be sure... this hurts me and I think it hurts you guys as well... Especially if you have a new customer having to deal with this issue.

I am writing this post with the utmost respect for you guys, please don't take it the wrong way. But we do need to have better testing and QA strategy... just winking it is not going to work.

Real

kukiman

Same Issue, nothing happens after clicking"all sync" button, many orders have their tracking ID's on my aliexpress account, and they are not syncing with order numbers/tracking numbers in alidropship woo plugin..

Christina

Administrator
Hi Admins:

The tracking function no longer works. Here's what I do everyday and before 1.2.2 it was working fine.

2) Click on <All Sync>

I have to go to each one of the items and click on SYNC, and I see the little sync arrow icon rotates... but the tracking is not updated in real time (ajax issue?), so I have to refresh the page and THEN I see the tracking appear.

2) Go down the list of the orders, click on the sync button next to each line item. 20 line items per page, 20 clicks. - Time Consuming
5) Just to be sure we got all tracking numbers, sometimes after processing the orders with tracking numbers and marked them shipped (custom status), I will go to all the others ones with no tracking and click on SYNC again. Wait 5 seconds, then refresh the page... Go down the list to make sure no new tracking numbers have been retrieved... The reason being, I CANNOT TRUST THE PLUGIN TO DO ITS JOB!

Another thing, guys we really appreciate the updates and new features, but can we spend a little more time testing on a real live store before releasing? Ever since the 1.0.0 release where the variation nice attributes were messed up, I feel like updating is like going into a minefield. I have a store that is doing ok and I cannot afford to have issues like this. I would rather wait longer for new features than to have to spend time reverting back to backups. So please, guys, test thoroughly then release? Or what I'll have to do is not updating and wait for weeks between new releases just to be sure... this hurts me and I think it hurts you guys as well... Especially if you have a new customer having to deal with this issue.

I am writing this post with the utmost respect for you guys, please don't take it the wrong way. But we do need to have better testing and QA strategy... just winking it is not going to work.

Real
Same Issue, nothing happens after clicking"all sync" button, many orders have their tracking ID's on my aliexpress account, and they are not syncing with order numbers/tracking numbers in alidropship woo plugin..

Hello, dear clients!

Could you please send me your domain names and WP login details to check the issue? Thank you!

Direct Webstore

Or what I'll have to do is not updating and wait for weeks between new releases just to be sure... this hurts me

I don't think that would hurt at all. Wait about 3 weeks for any bugs to be reported and fixed ... then update. Great idea. Thanks!
It's like "One man's trash is another man's treasure" ... I love your trash. :)

I don't think that would hurt at all. Wait about 3 weeks for any bugs to be reported and fixed ... then update. Great idea. Thanks!

I'm still waiting to upgrade myself. Learned this lesson a long time ago ;)

Direct Webstore

I'm still waiting to upgrade myself.
But having said that ... Over the last 2 years I'm yet to have any major problems from updates or even in general. Actually I don't seem to have had any major problems at all over the past 2 years with both the Original and Woo versions. Only 2 or 3 small problems which I can't even remember at the moment. Like the problem in this thread. I haven't had it. And it's the same story with most of the problems on this forum.

Sometimes I feel left out! Maybe it's magic. Maybe I'm blessed. Maybe it's because I search for solutions, read documentation and experiment. Maybe a combination of all that ... lol :)

I have had a couple of problems with the Social Rabbit and Recent Sales popup plugins in the past though.

But I'll still stick to this idea of not updating immediately though. It won't hurt. lol :)

Hi Admins:

2) Click on <All Sync>

Real
Yes, I love alidropship plugin, they just need to test there updates awesomely but that doesn't happen and we have to go through the mess. This is huge trouble but overall it's the best. Hope so this gets fixed! I can help a lot with there bug fixes and stuff.