Marketing Cost - Query

daudi250

Marketing cost? You mean the cost to advertise it?

Yes. lets make it easy.

Lets say, I have a product A whose cost price is $30.
I am selling it for $45.

In order to market that product A or the whole store, how much should be my marketing cost? If i am using Google Ads or FB Marketing?

Someone told me that I need to take out a certain %age of Selling Price as a marketing cost.

Direct Webstore

how much should be my marketing cost? If i am using Google Ads or FB Marketing?
You may as well ask "How long is a piece of string?" Everbody has different advertising budgets. Some big, some small. The more money you spend on advertising, the more sales you'll make.

Someone told me that I need to take out a certain %age of Selling Price as a marketing cost.
Considering the huge markups in dropshipping from China plus the very low operating costs of a dropshipping site ... most of your costs should be covered. That person is probably referring to normal e-commerce sites where they stock and ship their own products and have much bigger overheads.

The common consensus regarding Facebook ads is to start small at $5 per day. If the campaign works, increase the money. If it does not work, scrap it and try a new one.

But myself and many other people say that Instagram shoutouts are MUCH more effective than Facebook ads.

Don't try and complicate things. Dropshipping is not complicated.

There is also HEAPS of information regarding this in Alidropships blogs. Check them out.

But anyway ... this is just my opinion and the opinion of many others I've read about via Google and Youtube searches.

Let's see what others here have to say.

:)