Limit imports to shipping from a certain country

jea738

Is there a way on importing to only limit to shipping from United States, etc. I don't want all the options of choosing what country to ship the item from etc. I want a simple store to sell items to customers in one country and to ship the items from that country.

Using the the alidropship woo plugin.

Thanks

Mar

Is there a way on importing to only limit to shipping from United States, etc. I don't want all the options of choosing what country to ship the item from etc. I want a simple store to sell items to customers in one country and to ship the items from that country.

Using the the alidropship woo plugin.

Thanks
You can apply a filter during import. Ship from United States is limited since only few AliExpress sellers have warehouse in the country

1583467611138.png

jea738

Yes I know about that but when I do the import it brings in options for all countries.

Thanks though.

marvix

No option for this, I think you need to import then delete the unwanted. Once you do this, the product image will be delete (bug maybe), you will have to upload it again.

Direct Webstore

If you want to hide the shipping options from the customer ... this has been discussed to death before. Do a search. Then when you process the order, you select the "Ships from" you want.

mt1895

Hi Jea738,

I am new here as well.

Nonetheless, here is what I discovered:

Go toward the bottom of your product page and ensure that in the Product Data section it is selected on "Variable Product" (See Attached Images).

Select the "Variations" tab within the left column and it will bring up another screen that shows all the countries that have been imported with the product item.

From there you can simply select and remove the country.

However, I will caution you to NOT just change the name from China to USA for example because that is going to break the image and confuse things. I did that before and it was a mess. I was trying to save time rather than remove the ones that are actually associated with the product regarding the color.

Now with that being said, if you don't have a large variation you can consider just adding the product yourself using the vendor's images which are already in your media library. Then you can give it your own name and colors. For instance if you are dropshipping a white iPhone cover that is actually ivory in color, you can change the name from the vendor's "White" description to "Ivory" and that is what will show up on your product page.

I hope this helps you :)

Attachments

• image1.png
    image1.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 15
  • image2.png
    image2.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 14

Mar

I hope this helps you
There is a long thread about this subject. Hope you have researched first before you did this action. I am not sure if you did it right, if not you will discover the effect later.

mt1895

Thank you Mar!

I didn't do a lot of research. I believe I did as much as I need for now and just jumped in.

Yeah, I hope it doesn't come around and bite me in the butt later because it really seemed fairly simple to me at the onset and I have received sales since then so I guess we shall see,

But rest assured that I am indeed pulling backups (smiles) :D

Mar

Thank you Mar!

I didn't do a lot of research. I believe I did as much as I need for now and just jumped in.

Yeah, I hope it doesn't come around and bite me in the butt later because it really seemed fairly simple to me at the onset and I have received sales since then so I guess we shall see,

But rest assured that I am indeed pulling backups (smiles) :D
There is so much in the forum. If you need to know something, there is a good chance that the answer is already there in one of the threads. That is why there is this reminder, *** READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING A NEW THREAD ***. The thread for this subject this: https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/hide-ships-from-china-option.13140/ .
Then you can give it your own name and colors. For instance if you are dropshipping a white iPhone cover that is actually ivory in color, you can change the name from the vendor's "White" description to "Ivory" and that is what will show up on your product page.
The thread include the explanation why you should not change the name of the variation. Yes the name of the variation will appear in the front end, but you will have a problem placing order for that product because that variation don't exist in AliExpress. This part of the setting, including the Ship from is a little bit complicated that need prior understanding and knowledge.

1584540208315.png

mt1895

OK Thanks again.

Fortunately for me I only have about 24-25 products in my store. I think I will change my price to one of the slow selling items to about $1 and go through the process up to actually hitting the pay now button (payment on manual) to see what happens and hope no one else tries to purchase it while it is that low.

There's noting like live testing in my area as it has served me well for absolutely true results.

Meanwhile, I will check out this forum on variations and other things.

riftgreen

There is so much in the forum. If you need to know something, there is a good chance that the answer is already there in one of the threads. That is why there is this reminder, *** READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING A NEW THREAD ***. The thread for this subject this: https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/hide-ships-from-china-option.13140/ .
The thread include the explanation why you should not change the name of the variation. Yes the name of the variation will appear in the front end, but you will have a problem placing order for that product because that variation don't exist in AliExpress. This part of the setting, including the Ship from is a little bit complicated that need prior understanding and knowledge.

View attachment 11440

Just to let others know, changing the Name of the attribute (specifically the one with the subtitle: Name for the attribute (shown on the front-end).) causes no issues for me even when I want to auto-fulfill the orders. They sync perfectly.