Let me share my journey

raged

Hi everyone,

Allow me to also share my dropship journey to the community.

First of all, let me thank Elena and her team for a wonderful job in setting up my store. Her team started working on my site late October. I "officially launched" my store last 13 November. This is when I shared my store's FB page to my friends in FB and started posting in online shopping FB groups I have joined. Then yesterday, I started two campaigns in FB (7 days each) and one in Google Adword. One FB campaign points to a product category page and the other points to a specific product.

The result so far: 0 sales, 1 abandoned cart, 504 visitors this month, 63 likes on my FB page.

Reactions: Yan

jubran

Welcome Raged and thanks for sharing!

You are basically doing what everyone else is doing. Setting up a store and IMMEDIATELY start selling. And that is why everyone gets depressed. Don't expect to make sales if you aren't a good setup brand. You're basically getting visitors referred to you by social media and paid google traffic. These people does check a lot before they buy from you. While the ones that come for example from organic google search doesn't really check a lot. But as you can see, both of these require work, work and work!

Brand building takes time to build up social profile and overall brand exposure.
While getting traffic from organic search takes some quality traffic, backlinks, articles, optimized keywords, etc...

My gold advise: don't WASTE your money now! You might get a sale or two by focus on building the brand before start selling and then try your luck with Instagram.

Yan

You are basically doing what everyone else is doing. Setting up a store and IMMEDIATELY start selling. And that is why everyone gets depressed. Don't expect to make sales if you aren't a good setup brand. You're basically getting visitors referred to you by social media and paid google traffic. These people does check a lot before they buy from you. While the ones that come for example from organic google search doesn't really check a lot. But as you can see, both of these require work, work and work!

Brand building takes time to build up social profile and overall brand exposure.
While getting traffic from organic search takes some quality traffic, backlinks, articles, optimized keywords, etc...

My gold advise: don't WASTE your money now! You might get a sale or two by focus on building the brand before start selling and then try your luck with Instagram.

Thanks a lot for the advice Jubran! :)

Yan

Hi everyone,

Allow me to also share my dropship journey to the community.

First of all, let me thank Elena and her team for a wonderful job in setting up my store. Her team started working on my site late October. I "officially launched" my store last 13 November. This is when I shared my store's FB page to my friends in FB and started posting in online shopping FB groups I have joined. Then yesterday, I started two campaigns in FB (7 days each) and one in Google Adword. One FB campaign points to a product category page and the other points to a specific product.

The result so far: 0 sales, 1 abandoned cart, 504 visitors this month, 63 likes on my FB page.

Good luckwith your journey bro! :)

raged

Hi Jubran,

Thanks for your valuable advice.

I know that building your own brand is the difficult part in any business. I know that I will not be successful if I just grab whatever product I find in Aliexpress and offer them in my store. I need to stand out from all the noise out there if I want to be successful.

As for spending immediately on ads and campaigns, well I know very little about how FB ads and Google Adwords work so I felt that I need to go in and start campaigns to see for myself. Sure I can watch videos and read tutorials but I also know that there are really no templates for this. And, for me, what I have learned so far from running these campaigns is worth the investment I made. I think of it as part of my OJT as an entrepreneur.

My next steps are to learn how to use Instagram for my business, learn how to write effective blogs, and maybe find other sources of products aside from Aliexpress.

I like the way how this community help each other out while busy with their own businesses.