India Specifc: Options for Accepting Credit Cards!

QualityFeeds

Hello to All Dropshippers from India,

Been following the forum few days now, got many queries already, here one of many to come, what kind of payment gateway you're using to accepting credit cards (international) on your store, and other supported info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kiran

chris37

Been following the forum few days now, got many queries already, here one of many to come, what kind of payment gateway you're using to accepting credit cards (international) on your store, and other supported info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kiran
PayPal, 2checkout, stripe

QualityFeeds

PayPal, 2checkout, stripe
Paypal? does it accept cc, if so, is it possible under paypal express checkout.

Stripe... what kind of business should we list our store as, (there are restrictions on import/export biz)

What about Indian solutions like razorpay, instamojo etc.

Thanks

Thanks
Kiran

I'm in the US and only serve the US, so take my post FWIW as YMMV.

That said, I use Square and PayPal

IMO, I think Square is better than both PayPal and Stripe because not only are their fees less than PayPal's (as of August 2021), but Square is also the only gateway out of the 3 that still returns your credit card processing fees when a refund is requested.

Personally, I hate PayPal. At least when you first start out, they hold your payment until the customer actually receives the item, which it then can take several more days for the transfer to your bank account be completed.

That said, 1/3 of my sales have come through PayPal. For one reason, a lot of people are skittish about putting their credit card information on strange (to them) sites. Also, a lot of buyer like the extra buyer protection that PayPal offers them, to be sure you won't scam them. Literally the only reason use it for the purpose of building trust with those customers whose sale I don't want to lose.

And to your answer your question about PayPal accepting credit cards, yes it does.

Last edited: