Importing Images

Chaiyo

As with others, I'm having image import issues.

Prior to 0.8, I was only able to import on individual product pages on Aliexpress. None of the other methods worked. It just hang even after waiting for hours.

After installing 0.8, no methods work. Product pages bring in the text and it shows up on my import list but it hangs at "import images 0%" and no images are imported.

Cleared cache. Deleted and reinstalled plugin and extension. Deactivated every plugin except woo and alidropship-woo. Deactivated all Chrome extensions except alidropship. Nothing worked.

I know the next thing I'll be told to do is send in my WP credentials. Already sent to Victoria.

Thanks!

Chaiyo

Update: This required a code change (0.8.1) that was tested on my server. Works much better than ever before. Only issue is that there seems to be an incompatibility issue with at least SOME Go Daddy hosted sites with long file names. So it's one of those "Tell your host to fix it" thing.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Update: This required a code change (0.8.1) that was tested on my server. Works much better than ever before. Only issue is that there seems to be an incompatibility issue with at least SOME Go Daddy hosted sites with long file names. So it's one of those "Tell your host to fix it" thing.
this is not our plugin issue, cause we tried to download image (.jpg) via WP admin media and we failed.

Chaiyo

this is not our plugin issue, cause we tried to download image (.jpg) via WP admin media and we failed.
Right... so it's either code to bypass whatever limitation is causing this (which I have yet to duplicate) or "tell the host to fix it." Guess it's the latter.

But it's working so I can work this weekend. Thanks!

Chaiyo

I spoke too soon. I started work this weekend on my site and things were going on well. Then after importing about 30 products from individual product pages, it started to do the same thing. It hangs at 0%. I did the things I mentioned in the first post plus I did a server restart. Not working. another weekend wasted. Please help?

Chaiyo

Saga continues. after being able to import several items, no longer to import images. I don't know what else to do. Help please?

Chaiyo

The latest response from Alidropship, "We checked your FTP again , it seems that you set wrong rights on your folders.
We haven't managed even add a file via FTP, we recommend to contact your Hosting support and describe your issue."

This is despite I use FTP on the webserver daily with not a single issue.

I can just see my conversation with Godaddy. I have a plugin from Airdropship.com that stops working after working for a certain amount of time. They said to contact you to fix the issue.

I can just hear the laughter on the phone.

I hope this wasn't really a serious suggestion.

Yaros

Staff member
The latest response from Alidropship, "We checked your FTP again , it seems that you set wrong rights on your folders.
We haven't managed even add a file via FTP, we recommend to contact your Hosting support and describe your issue."

This is despite I use FTP on the webserver daily with not a single issue.

I can just see my conversation with Godaddy. I have a plugin from Airdropship.com that stops working after working for a certain amount of time. They said to contact you to fix the issue.

I can just hear the laughter on the phone.

I hope this wasn't really a serious suggestion.
It is a serious suggestion, check rights that setup for your folders. I guess there is something wrong with them. We can't check it deeply without cPanel access.

Chaiyo

And this will explain why it works for 10-15 products then all of a sudden not work? This is done with a clean install and it still happens. What exactly would I tell godaddy?

"Can you check the folder permissions? I don't know what folder and I don't know what permissions. But can you check?"

FTP works for me with no problems as I mentioned. Did you check your computer for viruses?

Yaros

Staff member
And I do not know why the permissions for your files and folders are messed up. For example, the following permissions should be setup by default:

for folders - 755
for files - 644
for WP-config files 600

and these are right parameters.

In you case I see 755 for some folders, 705 for other folders and even 777 for files to upload (that is not recommended at all).

We are not able to help you further without cPanel access, that's why I recommend that you check these permissions or contact your hosting support for assistance.

Chaiyo

Not all systems use cpanel. Maybe that's the issue? This plugin won't work unless you have cpanel? So this is a case of "Tell your host to fix our plugin issue." ok. See that all over this forum. I'll keep looking for the plugin problem and will report here if anything is found.

Yaros

Staff member
Not all systems use cpanel. Maybe that's the issue? This plugin won't work unless you have cpanel? So this is a case of "Tell your host to fix our plugin issue." ok. See that all over this forum. I'll keep looking for the plugin problem and will report here if anything is found.
It does not matter if you have hosting with cPanel or not. Nobody asked you to "Tell your host to fix our plugin issue.", since it is not the plugin issue.

Chaiyo

If it does not matter, why are you saying "We are not able to help you further without cPanel access?" Sounds like it matters a LOT to me if you can't fix the issue without cPanel access? You can tell yourself it's not your plugin issue if that makes you feel better. But we all know it is.

Yaros

Staff member
If it does not matter, why are you saying "We are not able to help you further without cPanel access?" Sounds like it matters a LOT to me if you can't fix the issue without cPanel access? You can tell yourself it's not your plugin issue if that makes you feel better. But we all know it is.
ok, you are right, my fault - We are not able to help you further without access to your hosting control system. Once again - it is not the plugin issue. Please let us know when you find the solution.

Chaiyo

You already had full access to the host panel, I just don't use cPanel. And I think I found the plugin issue. Still testing it out to see if it craps out again.

Yaros

Staff member
You already had full access to the host panel, I just don't use cPanel. And I think I found the plugin issue. Still testing it out to see if it craps out again.
As far as I know you provided the support only with FTP access.