Import some variations, not all

tmortales

Hi, I would like to import just a few variations of an Aliexpress product. For example if you have ten variations I am only interested in three of them.

Is there a way to do this?

If it cannot be done, is there a method to separate the variations of an already imported product with all its variations?

tmortales

That is too slow a process. If a product has three variants but 6 sizes, these variants must be deleted one by one.

This is crazy.

daniel-97

That is too slow a process. If a product has three variants but 6 sizes, these variants must be deleted one by one.

This is crazy.
Don't mess with variations, it could unlink your products from Aliexpress ones.

In Alidropship Original version, we can check all the wanted and delete in bulk. I'm gonna leave this to people using Woo to see if there's a better way.

chris37

Don't mess with variations, it could unlink your products from Aliexpress ones.

In Alidropship Original version, we can check all the wanted and delete in bulk. I'm gonna leave this to people using Woo to see if there's a better way.
I Did knew this in the original can delete in bulk.
Anyway is a woocommerce thing so he must speak with the creator of woo.

Judy

Hello. I use to delete the unwanted variations one by one and it took forever. So I feel your pain. But today I discovered that if you delete the unwanted variations under "attributes", click "save attributes", then when you go to variations, you will see the ones you deleted have "any colour" showing. So I just tested and published the product like this, and it showed in the front end only the products I wanted and did not show the variations I deleted.

chris37

Hello. I use to delete the unwanted variations one by one and it took forever. So I feel your pain. But today I discovered that if you delete the unwanted variations under "attributes", click "save attributes", then when you go to variations, you will see the ones you deleted have "any colour" showing. So I just tested and published the product like this, and it showed in the front end only the products I wanted and did not show the variations I deleted.
Can you explain to me if you can little bit further?
Screenshot is going to be nice.
I am interesting!

Judy

This is what i did:

1. Under attributes, remove the colour variations you don’t want under “Values”
1607527211536.png
2. Then click “Save attributes”
1607527221193.png
3. Click on “Variations” on the side bar and you will see the colours you deleted shows “Any colour”
1607527233957.png
4. When you are finished setting your pricing and checking the details. You click “Publish” for the product. Then when you “View Product” for the front end, you will only see the variations you kept. You will see in my first screenshot, there were 12 variations. And below on my front page, there is only 4 variations. So i think this works...
1607527243716.png

Let me know what you think please?

chris37

This is what i did:

View attachment 13709
View attachment 13710
3. Click on “Variations” on the side bar and you will see the colours you deleted shows “Any colour”
View attachment 13711
4. When you are finished setting your pricing and checking the details. You click “Publish” for the product. Then when you “View Product” for the front end, you will only see the variations you kept. You will see in my first screenshot, there were 12 variations. And below on my front page, there is only 4 variations. So i think this works...
View attachment 13712

Yes is working.. I never think of this with this way.
When I create other sites (not dropshipping ones) is better to don't create the attributes add all(the ones you don't need ;) ) ,

But when we import products we can choose the attributes we like..
I use to delete very carefull the variation, I never delete a value in attribute.

Just for we be in the same page, make a test order with automatically fulfilment in aliexpress, for we be sure the way you made is not broke the connection with alliexpress.

Judy

This is what i did:

View attachment 13709
View attachment 13710
View attachment 13711
View attachment 13712

@George Murdasov
This is what i did:

View attachment 13709
View attachment 13710
View attachment 13711
View attachment 13712

@George Murdasov , what would you say about this method?
@chris37 , I tried to make a test order and for shipping, it keeps saying "No shipping method were found for (your place)", so couldn't complete the order. So seems there is something wrong about my way...

Judy

I knew it! You broke the connection with alliexpress.

Reset the product is gonna be find
your so happy haha. But this removing one by one is so tedious and so loooong... I hope George can suggest an alternative, faster way...please George

chris37

your so happy haha. But this removing one by one is so tedious and so loooong... I hope George can suggest an alternative, faster way...please George
They can not do it... is not up to them , is the way aliexpress structure is connect with other platforms.

Judy

They can not do it... is not up to them , is the way aliexpress structure is connect with other platforms.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ah.....ok then....back to tedious deleting of line after line and redoing the products I loaded
Thank you so much @chris37 , appreciate your assistance

chris37

Please, can you explain the correct way to remove unwanted variations for me? I didnt get it.
use the search bar above , i have a full topic how to remove variation without to broke the connection from aliexpress

Niels

use the search bar above , i have a full topic how to remove variation without to broke the connection from aliexpress

Hey Chris
Try out yourself to search for variation topics: there are sooooo many and its nearest Impossible to find a / the best one.

It seems to be an important topic?

Maybe it could be a nice idea to pin the important topic to the top by an admin?