Images size

Anthone

Hey!
I'd like to modify the image's size of the products in the home page (top selling, best deals...), categories page and related product in the product page. I know Wordpress automatically creates different sizes of every images, it would be better to use smaller one than the original like the theme does. It will improve the page load time and get a better score on PageSpeed and GtMetrix, consequently it will improve the SEO and the customer experience.
I looked in the code of "products/product.php" but I could find where the function getImageUrl() comes from.
Could you help me or you already planned to modify that?
Thanks

Vitaly Kukin

Administrator
Staff member
Hey!
I'd like to modify the image's size of the products in the home page (top selling, best deals...), categories page and related product in the product page. I know Wordpress automatically creates different sizes of every images, it would be better to use smaller one than the original like the theme does. It will improve the page load time and get a better score on PageSpeed and GtMetrix, consequently it will improve the SEO and the customer experience.
I looked in the code of "products/product.php" but I could find where the function getImageUrl() comes from.
Could you help me or you already planned to modify that?
Thanks

Reducing the size of the images will also reduce their quality. By default, WP images quality is 95%. You can reduce it by using other plugins or adding such a script:

Code:
add_filter( 'jpeg_quality', create_function( '', 'return 75;' ) );[/]