image duplicates

sozoalvin

hi, as we all know, wordpress generates a few duplicates of different image sizes upon upload.

alidropship theme might also generate a few other copies (someone please confirm).

what I wish to know is do i need these extra copies generated by wordpress and the alidropship theme?

Regards

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
hi, as we all know, wordpress generates a few duplicates of different image sizes upon upload.

alidropship theme might also generate a few other copies (someone please confirm).

what I wish to know is do i need these extra copies generated by wordpress and the alidropship theme?

Regards
Hello, yes you're right. WordPress creates several sizes of one image to visualize it properly on your site

sozoalvin

are all the extra 3 copies really required?

there is also a 1024 x 1024 copy. is this required too? if yes, which part of the theme?

sozoalvin

It depends on where you will use this image on your site. It could be icon, it could be large size ...
i understand that there may be different needs for wordpress but to generate 3 diffent sizes for ALL images uploaded onto the server is quite insane.

since you guys developed the plugin, there surely must be a good way to find out if there are redundant sizes not required?

for e.g. 1024 x 1024. When is this image size used?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
i understand that there may be different needs for wordpress but to generate 3 diffent sizes for ALL images uploaded onto the server is quite insane.

since you guys developed the plugin, there surely must be a good way to find out if there are redundant sizes not required?

for e.g. 1024 x 1024. When is this image size used?
I will discuss with our developers , maybe we will be able to solve this somehow.