if there is no available supplier for change supplier option

jayan

scenario:
buyer placed an order more than the current stock of the dropshipper. To be able to handle the need for more stocks, the dropshipper needs to change the supplier (https://alidropship.com/codex/change-supplier-option/) of the product. What if there is no available supplier selling the same product? what is expected to happen with the transaction and how do dropshippers deal with it?

Christina

Administrator
scenario:
buyer placed an order more than the current stock of the dropshipper. To be able to handle the need for more stocks, the dropshipper needs to change the supplier (https://alidropship.com/codex/change-supplier-option/) of the product. What if there is no available supplier selling the same product? what is expected to happen with the transaction and how do dropshippers deal with it?

We really hope that you find the supplier selling the same product!
Otherwise, you can propose to your buyer an alternative product (another variation of the product) or make a refund.

jayan

Christina, when you say "or make a refund", does this mean that the amount of the number of products ordered will be credited to my account? Remaining stock: 30
Products ordered: 40
Amount per item x 40 = amount that will be credited to my account? Alidropship plugin will accept the payment for the products ordered without verification on the remaining stock?

Christina

Administrator
Christina, when you say "or make a refund", does this mean that the amount of the number of products ordered will be credited to my account? Remaining stock: 30
Amount per item x 40 = amount that will be credited to my account? Alidropship plugin will accept the payment for the products ordered without verification on the remaining stock?

Please write which version of the plugin you are using now.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Have you tried to find this product at different AliExpress supplier?

Sunster

Staff member
scenario:

To answer your question, because drop-shippers have no control over actual stock, there's many occasions when you can run into a situation where the product is no longer in stock, changed or the inventory is incorrectly reflected. Your first step would be to contact the original supplier and see if they can help, next see if any other supplier has the product.

Regardless if you find a solution or not, just be honest (or 99% ;)) with the customer.

To your stock question, if can't find a solution and you refund the order, the stock count on your store will be updated also. (stock put back on shelf kinda) I'm assuming this is what you meant by "credited to my account". (actually maybe you didn't, see edit below)

Edit: Also because the supplier did not have the quantity ordered, the order should not have gone through anyways so you can edit the customers order and then order again if needed. Crediting by Aliexpress should't be a concern at this point.

alphadoghosting.com
15% off for LIFE on web hosting for Alidropship plugin users (pm for coupon)

Last edited:

jayan

This issue with stock should be solved after update.

Hi Victoria, i have successfully updated the version to 1.2.3.
Here is what i would do, i would manually lower the inventory stock to 1 then purchase an item more than 1. Were should the error be seen given that the newest version should "This issue with stock should be solved after update"?