I must be doing something wrong

darzy

I have started on my own journey as well. Everything made by alidropship team. Niche was chosen by me. I started promoting ads in fb, twitter, and Instagram. Lots of people liked it and followed but never a sale. It has been 3 months already. I am wondering if I did something wrong? Please give me feedback.

www.babydiscountmall.com

Tina

I think your site looks wonderful. Have you been engaging in similar facebook groups or instagram baby type posts? How did you get so many likes on your page?

Tina

Reason why I'm asking about all the likes is because I can barely get likes...am i doing something wrong? lol

Direct Webstore

I think the problem is there are more baby gear sites than there are babies in the world. It's just a flooded niche. Maybe try narrowing it even further like concentrating just on baby shoes, for example? Or a baby development toys, etc

GymJim

So, the website is fine - I would have expected it to have been good if it was set up by these guys.

I wouldn't say the niche is flooded, that's not a thing - You just have to fight for your corner.

I would look up a few free courses on FB ads, CPC and Instagram ads. Take a look at what you are actually trying to do with your adverts.

I.e are you just sharing some clothes to an untargeted audience. Expecting mothers / young mums would be lapping this up, they love buying clothes, especially for their little kids.

So review some of yours ads, start by running engagement adverts against a post (open Facebook and type 'orders yours here' and see what type of adverts you get) . After you have run this for a few days, see what type of engagement you get and who is engaging the most (age, demographic etc). Once you have an understanding and some social proof on the website, look at doing some ATC (add to cart) adverts again starting low $3-$10 a day. Once you have seen a consistent add to cart (I mean 10+ a day) look at the data and then hone down your next advert for a purchase. if you get purchases and the cost per purchase is good, duplicate the advert with a slightly higher $$ per day amount.

Voila.

GymJim

Google disagrees with you ... :)

Define flooded.

Just because you can see 5000 stores that do it, doesn't mean it's flooded. It means it's competitive.

Take health and fitness or apparel, there are a lot of stores, but I can guarantee very few are profitable or even worthwhile..and as such no longer competitive and not as 'flooded' as you thought.

Edit: Google always tells me the earth is flat and that vaccines cause cancer.. so ya know.

Direct Webstore

Define flooded.

Too much competition. Every woman and her grandmother has a baby gear site. Of course you could still make it work ... with a lot of hard work and promotion ... and narrow it down to a more precise niche, like I said above .... but my philosophy is maximum money / minimum work.

GymJim

Too much competition. Every woman and her grandmother has a baby gear site. Of course you could still make it work ... with a lot of hard work and promotion ... and narrow it down to a more precise niche, like I said above .... but my philosophy is maximum money / minimum work.

Women and their grandmother rarely know how to run a decent website..and mostly promote to their friends. So not really competition. But sure... Whatever works.

Direct Webstore

Women and their grandmother rarely know how to run a decent website.

Err ... it's a twist on the old saying "Every man and his dog" It simply means "Many people"... dogs aren't too good at running websites either. LOL

So not really competition
You think "many people" doing the same general niche is "not" competition? You think running a "general site" based on a "huge" category is a good idea? You think narrowing a niche down to make it more unique is a bad idea? That's great! As long as people keep thinking that way ... my competition will be reduced. :)

But back to the "Baby Gear" ... yes there are some "MAIN" categories for baby gear in Alidropship's "recommended niche list" ... but you still need to do research to fine tune a more narrower niche within those main categories. A "general store" covering ALL sections of baby gear (like the one in this thread) will struggle. Simple as that. That list is meant to be a "guide".

Last edited: