How to get my first sale

Margiewonderlust

Hi, new to dropshipping. Built a professional looking store selling active wear. Got a couple hundred visitors to the store but can’t seem to get that first sale. Can someone please provide any advice or recommendation. Check out my store at www.3repsmore.com. Thanks!

Direct Webstore

Built a professional looking store selling active wear.
but can’t seem to get that first sale.

Activewear is easily bought in local stores. Why bother waiting weeks for a bit of easily obtained clothing to arrive from China?
You've just broken one of the most important rules regarding the selection of a niche. Do some research on dropshipping niche selection and start again. The Alidropship blogs, Google and youtube have heaps of info about it. Basically, a narrow niche with unique products not easily bought at local stores.

Check out my store at www.3repsmore.com.
It's boring. No added extra value like blogs on exercise etc. You need to put in a Hell of a lot more effort than that. You're competing with tens of thousands of sites selling the same stuff.

Please how do I get me fest sale I need someone to put me true on this
The above goes for you too.

Guys ... this is what happens when you just blindly open a store with no research at all.

Start checking out the Alidropship blogs and type "How to select a dropshipping niche?" into Google and Youtube.

Start researching.

ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION ...
Spend HEAPS on advertising.

Mar

Hi, new to dropshipping. Built a professional looking store selling active wear. Got a couple hundred visitors to the store but can’t seem to get that first sale. Can someone please provide any advice or recommendation. Check out my store at www.3repsmore.com. Thanks!
Think about the tens of thousands who launched online stores like yours long before you even start thinking about it. Why would people choose and buy in your store? What ever niche you choose, thousands are already there and are already established. Marketing is the thing. You have to market the products in your store, otherwise that first sale will never happen.

Margiewonderlust

Think about the tens of thousands who launched online stores like yours long before you even start thinking about it. Why would people choose and buy in your store? What ever niche you choose, thousands are already there and are already established. Marketing is the thing. You have to market the products in your store, otherwise that first sale will never happen.

So basically, even if you find a niche, someone is likely already in that space, so you still need to spend a tonne of money on advertising? Sounds like dropshipping is no longer profitable.

Mar

So basically, even if you find a niche, someone is likely already in that space, so you still need to spend a tonne of money on advertising? Sounds like dropshipping is no longer profitable.
I don't believe in unique niche. There are always other stores selling the same products and very much ahead of you. I believe about products that are easy to find in local stores. Yes fashion products are every where, but fashion products is a huge niche and there are always products that is available only in your store. But buyers won't see it without marketing. Dropshipping is profitable but money don't just come without doing anything.

somm

Imagine yourself as a customer and you want to buy activewear. Would you buy from your website before that how would you find your website? Let's have a look one of your product "EDGY RIPPED SEAMLESS LEGGINGS" how many people searching that product? Let`s say they do with that one sentence description without content you wouldn't rank in google. Before investing time and money your focus shouldn't be how much money will you make it, it should be more like how and what can I offer to the customer. Auto-generated content is useless without putting unique content in it.
Or just spend money on advertisement and hope people will buy it and hope it will cover your ads cost and leave you some profit

Last edited:

Margiewonderlust

Imagine yourself as a customer and you want to buy activewear. Would you buy from your website before that how would you find your website? Let's have a look one of your product "EDGY RIPPED SEAMLESS LEGGINGS" how many people searching that product? Let`s say they do with that one sentence description without content you wouldn't rank in google. Before investing time and money your focus shouldn't be how much money will you make it, it should be more like how and what can I offer to the customer. Auto-generated content is useless without putting unique content in it.
Or just spend money on advertisement and hope people will buy it and hope it will cover your ads cost and leave you some profit

Can you give me an example of how you would write content for "Edgy ripped seamless leggings" so that it's searchable? I spent $53 on FB ad and made a few sales. Any suggestions to keep this momentum going other than spending more Ad $ or is that the only way. Thanks.

somm

Can you give me an example of how you would write content for "Edgy ripped seamless leggings" so that it's searchable? I spent $53 on FB ad and made a few sales. Any suggestions to keep this momentum going other than spending more Ad $ or is that the only way. Thanks.
You are missing the point. You are entering the activewear market which has huge competition. A lot of brands. 3repsmore is nothing has no recognition. When people want to buy activewear online they go to known brands that they trust and has experiences and heard from advertisements. You need to spend a fortune to become a brand still you will have little chance to survive. Did you know first 14 years Amazon didn't make any profit always kept price low to compete?

If I would be in your place I would create a lot of quality content related to sports diets etc. You have still big competition but better chance. You aim should be to bring people into your website who are interested in these kinds of subjects. If you don't want to spend money on ads you need to create organic traffic with keywords. You need to find low competition keywords. You can check google trends or ahrefs (paid but better)
best of luck