How to erase "SUPER SALE UP TO 80%..." in the Da Vinci theme?

sha77

The middle banner "SUPER SALE UP TO 80% OFF ALL ITEMS! LIMITED TIME OFFER" along with the timer doesn't really make any sense in my shop. For one thing, there are no products at 80% off and clicking on it doesn't lead anywhere. To me it really signals to the customers that this is not a professional store.

So, how do I edit the theme and make some custom updates? Presumably this would be under Appearance - Themes - Theme Editor, but I have found the location yet?

Reactions: Mar
E

Ekaterina Sayapina

The middle banner "SUPER SALE UP TO 80% OFF ALL ITEMS! LIMITED TIME OFFER" along with the timer doesn't really make any sense in my shop. For one thing, there are no products at 80% off and clicking on it doesn't lead anywhere. To me it really signals to the customers that this is not a professional store.

So, how do I edit the theme and make some custom updates? Presumably this would be under Appearance - Themes - Theme Editor, but I have found the location yet?
Hello Shannus,

You're right: the DaVinci theme created for AliDropship original plugin doesn't offer such a wide range of customization options as the Woo version of this theme does. You can edit '80%' text in Customization => Home => Promo Counter.
promo banner davinci.png
We'll consider adding the option of linking this banner to a page. Thank you very much for your feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mar

For one thing, there are no products at 80% off and clicking on it doesn't lead anywhere. To me it really signals to the customers that this is not a professional store.
That's right. This is similar to add-ons showing random numbers of people who viewed, purchased, stock left etc. When the page is refreshed, another number will show. This is very cheap and unprofessional. If I am the visitor, I would be irritated and leave without looking back, thinking that the site is trying to fool me. The point is if the site is trying to make visitors believe in something, especially if it is not true, there should be no way to find out.

sha77

The ad banner can make sense if you're selling novelty jewelry or gadgets that cost less than €10 than no one knows the real price off. But it becomes questionable if it's common products. e.g. let's say a Samsung mobile phone model X. Everyone can Google the price and it looks unprofessional and fishy if you claim everything is off 80%.

Thanks for the tip! You hide it for in Da Vinci 2 under It's customize - home - Countdown Settings.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

That's right. This is similar to add-ons showing random numbers of people who viewed, purchased, stock left etc. When the page is refreshed, another number will show. This is very cheap and unprofessional. If I am the visitor, I would be irritated and leave without looking back, thinking that the site is trying to fool me. The point is if the site is trying to make visitors believe in something, especially if it is not true, there should be no way to find out.
Fair enough, Mar. We appreciate your feedback! More options will be available in the next theme update then ;)