How to Disable "To TOP" arrow

cleve

Hello,

How to disable "to top" arrow in the lower right corner in Michael Angelo Theme ?
(see attachment)

Attachments

• ontop.jpg
    ontop.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 12

Direct Webstore

Go to Appearance / Customize / Additional CSS ... paste the code below and save.

.b-top-but {
display: none !important }

You may need to clear any cache plugin you have have and /or clear your browser's cache to see changes. But then again ... you may not! :)

cleve

yes, that should do it (hopefully there is a toggle in theme backend to turn this on/off)

Direct Webstore, I use google translate from gtranslate.io for multilingual plugin in my wordpress, but everytime I change my language then the alidropship currency also change as well, do you know how to fix this ?

Direct Webstore

hopefully there is a toggle in theme backend to turn this on/off)

It's probably on the bottom of their "To Do list" ... but I just asked them to make an Alidropship newsletter plugin that pull products from the store about 20 minutes ago in the Suggestion Forum ... so stand in line ... lol :)

I use google translate from gtranslate.io for multilingual plugin in my wordpress, but everytime I change my language then the alidropship currency also change as well, do you know how to fix this ?

No. I don't use that translate plugin. You could try the translate solution I suggested on another thread here. It's much better than a plugin.

Here ... https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/plug-in-for-multi-language-suggestion.5085/post-31665

cleve

Ok,
1. Do you know how to create child theme for alidropship themes ? (I use Michael Angelo Theme)
2. How to define in the child theme for excluded part of our website that we don't want to translate ? or being translated by google ?

Thanks alot !!

Direct Webstore

Do you know how to create child theme for alidropship themes ? (I use Michael Angelo Theme)

Yes. It only takes a minute. I will make one for you. See attachment .below.

1. Deactivate the michelangelo mother theme
2. Upload, install and activate the child theme.

Any files you want to make custom changes to ... copy them to the child theme folder. E,g, header.php, footer.php etc. Edit and make changes to the files in the child-theme folder. Don't touch anything in the mother theme. (Except for "copying" files (Don't move)

Add any CSS you want in the styles.css file in the child theme. These will over ride the mother themes CSS.

The files you edit in the child theme will remain untouched by any updates of the mother theme. Keep updating the mother theme.

How to define in the child theme for excluded part of our website that we don't want to translate ?

As far as I know, know you can't do that with Google Translate ... But I'm not 100% sure ... Just "Google it"

Attachments

• michelangelo-child.zip
    812 bytes · Views: 7

Direct Webstore

Oh! but hang on! That translate option is for the Davince header.php. So just disregard the above. Although it's always handy to have a child theme if there are any other theme files you want to edit.

cleve

You said that I can copy CSS files from mother theme and modify it in child theme right ?, so how about php files ?
Actually I want to modify some of php files from mother theme and put it in child theme then I modify it.

Direct Webstore

ou said that I can copy CSS files from mother theme and modify it in child theme right ?,

No. There is already an empty styles.css in the child theme. Only put CSS changes or new CSS in it. The mother's theme CSS will take care of the rest.

Actually I want to modify some of php files from mother theme and put it in child theme then I modify it.

Yes. That's exactly what a child theme is for. Don't edit anything in the mother theme ... only edit copied files in the child theme. They over ride the originals in the mother theme.

My own child theme contains header.php, footer.php, b-social.php and a few files in the blog folders.

:)

cleve

What about php files in the sub folder ? should I also make similar folder path in the child theme ?

Direct Webstore

What about php files in the sub folder ? should I also make similar folder path in the child theme ?

Yes, keep the folders and sub folders structure exactly the same as the mother theme with all the php files in the same places as the mother thrme

cleve

Sure, but should I just copy the files from mother theme ? or create similar file name and put only needed modify code ?
For example: I copy footer.php to child theme then I modify it or
I make footer.php in child theme then copy only changes codes to it ??

Direct Webstore

I copy footer.php to child theme then I modify it

Yes. Copy the entire original php file to the child theme and edit it. You need the complete file as it is overriding the mother theme file. Also, it is doing other things besides the ones you are editing.

This does not apply to the styles.css. You don't need the full original ... just an empty one that you put changes and new code into.

Direct Webstore

style.css ... in the head of the file.

Theme Name: Davinci Child
Description: A simple child theme.
Author: Direct Webstores
Version: 0.1
Template: davinci
*/

"Template" tells it where it's mother is. :)

The rest of goes to the themes display/info page.

You can stick a thumbnail image in the child theme folder too if you like. 1300 x 895

cleve

1. Ok the CSS files now can find its mother, how about php files and others ?

2. What happen if there is an update from mother theme (ex.adding additional codes) and affecting the files that we copy and modify in child theme ?