How to add track feature on my site?

spencer

Hello,

I bought the plugin alidropship, I use alidropship woocommerce plugin, and eCommerce theme by mythemeshop.
I want add the shipping track feature on my site, how to do?

Thank you.

Attachments

• tracking.jpg
    tracking.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 50

Direct Webstore

Or you can create a new page and insert this iframe into it (in the "text" tab when editing the page)

<h5 style="text-align: center;">Note: It can take several days for tracking to be available.</h5>
<center><iframe src="https://track.aftership.com/" width="100%" height="1950" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe></center>

... then link the page to a menu somewhere.

:)

Gil

Thank you for the iframe :) Is there a solution we can give customers a custom URL which will show the tracking information automatically? That way the customers won't need to copy paste the tracking number and we can send them a tracking link.
Also is there a way we can change the tracking URL in the "Shipped" email template, instead of 17track to provide a URL to our own website?

Direct Webstore

Yes but this URL is going to 17track, I'm looking for a solution to change this URL to point to our own website and then display the tracking information.
I think that's pretty pointless, but you'd have to edit either the Shipped email or the Order Complete email or both in Woocommerce>Settings>Emails. It allows you to send a copy of those emails to a folder in your theme where you can edit them. But you would need experience editing HTML

And that would only lead to the tracking page where the customer would have to copy/paste the tracking number in. As for displaying the tracking info automatically ... no. You can't.

The fact that a customer has to copy/paste a tracking number into the tracking page is why I gave it up. It creates more work for them. Much easier to just click the link in the email.

What's wrong with 17Track?

;)

Gil

What's wrong with 17Track?
A few things:
1) 1st time users are getting a step by step guide, which is unnecessary because the tracking number already submitted.
2) Google ads appear at the bottom part of the page.
3) We are sending customers to a 3rd party website.

Mar

A few things:
1) 1st time users are getting a step by step guide, which is unnecessary because the tracking number already submitted.
2) Google ads appear at the bottom part of the page.
3) We are sending customers to a 3rd party website.
You can integrate I7Track in your site and the customer will not be redirected to their site. What's wrong with google ads?

1557563822692.png

Direct Webstore

Considering the following ...

1. Multiple sellers on Aliexpress
2. You'd need to use the Aliexpress API and design an Add-On plugin for what you want

.... you can't have what you want.

Sorry.

You only options at the moment are ...

1. Disable the sending of the tracking link in Settings and manually sending another email with the tracking code and a link to your tracking page for the customers to click on then copy/pasting the tracking code into it.

2. Use Aliexpress's API and learn how to make an Addon plugin to display the tracking on your site.

3. Just use it the way it is.

As long as the Google Ad is not on your site ... who cares?
If it was on your site, you'd have reason for concern because they are contextual ads based on the content of the page and site they are on. Which means they may display Aliexpress ads with some of your products.

All tracking is conducted by 3rd party sites. You go to the Post Office site to track parcels. It's completely normal.

;)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

You can integrate I7Track in your site
Right. The same as the Aftership one

What's wrong with google ads?
As long as they are not on your site ... nothing. And if they are in an IFrame ... that's OK too.

What is that 17 track integration you have? An iFrame or a script? Anyway, as long as that ad is not being served from your site and it's coming from 17track's site ... it's OK

Direct Webstore

But you are simply not going to be able to have the tracking info on your site automatically after clicking a link in an email.

Even businesses/sites that do their own shipping will give you a link to TNT, FedEx and other "3rd party sites" to track your delivery. It's completely normal. No one is going to freak out if they have to go to 17 Track the same as they would go to FedEx to track an order.

And they are also not going to go into shock if they see a Google ad. Most people now have seen so many ads online that they have developed "Ad blindness" and don't even notice them.

My thinking was a bit like yours a year ago when I came up with that Aftership iFrame idea. Now, one year later, I realise what a waste of time it is.

;)

Mar

Have you also activated "Don't attach tracking" (to the Shipped email) the settings?
Yes, I activated it. I chose not to include tracking in the shipped notification. This tracking page in the site is only for me. I will send tracking code to customers if they ask for it, but nobody does.

Direct Webstore

Yes, I activated it. I chose not to include tracking in the shipped notification. This tracking page in the site is only for me. I will send tracking code to customers if they ask for it, but nobody does.

So you went for option 1
1. Disable the sending of the tracking link in Settings and manually sending another email with the tracking code and a link to your tracking page for the customers to click on then copy/pasting the tracking code into it.

I'm lazy and went for option 3
3. Just use it the way it is.

That only leaves option 2
2. Use Aliexpress's API and learn how to make an Addon plugin to display the tracking on your site.

I wonder which one @Gil will go for?

;)

Gil

I wonder which one @Gil will go for?

I got a reply from Alidropship support that it's not possible at the moment to change the tracking URL in the shipped email, if the answer was yes I was already in contact with Aftership and we can use their api to post the tracking number in advance, which then display the information on our website (not as iframe). So for now I don't send tracking a number to the customers.