How to add product review image uploads to your site

the_lyall

AliDropship has the fantastic benefit of being able to import reviews from AliExpress, including reviews with images.

But what if one of your customers wants to add a review with an image? Out of the box WooCommerce doesn't support this, so you'll need to add the feature. There are lots of different options when it comes to this but I wanted to share my experience as I've tried a few and settled on what I think is the best one.

• Shouldn't AliDropship add this feature to the plugin so we don't have to?
No. Only things that contribute to the core processes should be added. Where there are several options already available elsewhere it makes sense to make use of those. Otherwise the AliDropship plugin will become cumbersome, harder to maintain and potentially more prone to bugs when things get updated.

• So what do I do?
The best plugin I've found is Photo Reviews for WooCommerce by VillaTheme. It has several nice features including the bar chart and different layout options rather than usual list of reviews. Example shown below:

1590489138671.png

A few tips:

• Make sure you have enabled the 'upload images to server' option in the review import settings. This will make sure they open in your site and not in AliExpress pages.
  • Use the settings or CSS to update the colours to match your theme
  • Use CSS to hide the review dates so they don't get stale and look old
Remember that no plugin will look perfect with every theme, so you might need to make CSS tweaks to be a perfect match or to remove any issues related to your chosen theme.

nenene

This plugin looks good!
But I saw a noticeable delay on loading speed and I removed it.
Has it affected your page speeds?

the_lyall

This plugin looks good!
But I saw a noticeable delay on loading speed and I removed it.
Has it affected your page speeds?
I didn't see any delay but it can vary by site based on what caching/minification etc you have in place. I had the same problem with a different wishlist plugin. Hope you find a plugin for review images that works for you :)

nenene

I don't need help, thanks though...
Are you still active on the forum? I think the user experience is not the best when the thumbnail photos are so small, having seen some quite pretty Shopify store reviews sections. Do you think we could alter the size of the thumbnails of the Aliexpress hosted photos?

Attachments

• img_1.jpg
    img_1.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 11
  • photo_reviews_1.jpg
    photo_reviews_1.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 11
  • revuews-page-in-style-1_png.jpg
    revuews-page-in-style-1_png.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 10