How I Make Product Videos FAST

It's time to give back to the community.

We all know a video is the best way to capture your customer's attention when scrolling through Facebook and other social media. It has beaten every form of media consistently for years.

A picture tells a 1000 words ...well videos are usually shown at 30 frames per second so do the math ;)

Ok, so what do I know about video?
Basically lots. I run a company that makes animations for Microsoft, ExxonMobil and lots of others. I have been doing it for years now but one of my favourite things is to find plugins that work really well together that enable me to produce awesome high-quality videos really fast.

First, let's be fair. You will never find anything out there that you throw pics at and makes anything good. Yes, I have heard of all these online things you can buy and online editors and slideshow makers. They all suck if you don't understand fundamentals of a video. So we first need you to learn some software that you will use for life.

PREMIER PRO / AFTER EFFECTS
ooooh, scary right?
Not really, it's now cheap to get Adobe cc package...or if you must and don't like newest updates just crack it. But how to learn it ....well youtube has literally 1000's of tutorials. Put it this way a friend of mine wanted to learn these programs last week, he spent 2 hours on youtube learning and doing the tutorials and now he can edit. Simple right?

ok. got premiere pro? got the basics down? great.

STEP ONE
Understand your message and target market. Quiet obvious and self-explanatory. Make a video your target market is going to like. So say the dog niche (classic) you obviously want footage/ pics of dogs maybe fun fonts and you would certainly want that dog footage to be the first thing the watcher sees.

STEP TWO
Gather your footage/images. Let's go down a simple route here and say you just have pictures from Aliexpress. I usually do a quick search on youtube for variations of the product name in case someone has done a review or a product video. If they have I message them asking for permission to use it. Do this too.

STEP THREE
Buy these plugins. I know right, how rude of me to suggest you need to buy more stuff. I'm sorry but unless you want to learn more than the basics and waste time / make these videos super slow, You need to spend some dollar. Put it this way, spend the $100 or so once on plugins and create your own unlimited product videos with instant revisions (as you can do them) or go through a hellish process with production companies and upwork freelancers. This will cost you a bunch more over time and take too much time. Remember this digital marketing game is about testing, analysis, and speed.

all from videohive.com (goldmine for templates and plugins)
1. handy seamless transitions ($38 https://videohive.net/item/handy-seamless-transitions-pack-script/18967340)
2. Animation Composer by mr horse ($65 https://videohive.net/item/the-most-handy-presets-for-animation-composer/9276104?s_rank=1)

OPTIONAL: https://videohive.net/item/big-pack-of-elements/19888878 (just got this, cheaper then animation composer but harder to use...pretty incredible tho)

STEP FOUR
learn them and play. start playing with a few images of your product.

Start with handy seamless transitions. This creates amazing transitions between pictures and video. Once you have a few goes you can make a pretty great slideshow in under 5 mins. remember don't go mad with them ...over use of effects looks crazy.

Now lets play with animation composer / big pack of elements. Start with text then move on to playing with the ability to bring in motion graphics and other things that tell the product story. You will mainly use one of these for text.

STEP FIVE
ok, so time to put it all together. Build your titles and text and slideshow and try to build a story. You have seen other Facebook videos I am sure so you get the power of this. It's basically good quality video and images overlayed with titles to give more description. End with a call to action (comment, like, share, website, opinion, poll etc)

Make sure you add some cool background music ...I like SoundCloud or YouTube audio library for this.

FINAL TIPS:
  • K.I.S.S (keep it simple stupid) don't go too mad with effect. clear and simple is better.
  • Good music will keep them hooked (find good beats with a nice drop for those epic moments)
  • Edit to the beat of the music
  • Edit pics, video and music first in Premiere Pro > export to After Effects > add transitions > add titles > DONE
I hope this helps some people. Also, the good point to this is if you learn this skill you have a skill for life. Much like me learning Facebook ads/targeting. In both cases, they take time, money and effort to learn. But once you learn these two skills there is not much in your way to selling just about any product/service/idea online.

Don James

Hi Taylor
I just read this post after making only 2 sales whole of September.
How to incorporate video to instagram or to my webstore
Hope to hear from you
Don

Direct Webstore

A picture tells a 1000 words ...well videos are usually shown at 30 frames per second so do the math

LOL ... Good one :) And in line with that quote above ... any links to a demo so we can get a better idea of what you're talking about?

Thanks. :)

Last edited:

sunshine

Hi @

We all know a video is the best way to capture your customer's attention when scrolling through Facebook and other social media. It has beaten every form of media consistently for years.

A picture tells a 1000 words ...well videos are usually shown at 30 frames per second so do the math ;)

Basically lots. I run a company that makes animations for Microsoft, ExxonMobil and lots of others. I have been doing it for years now but one of my favourite things is to find plugins that work really well together that enable me to produce awesome high-quality videos really fast.

First, let's be fair. You will never find anything out there that you throw pics at and makes anything good. Yes, I have heard of all these online things you can buy and online editors and slideshow makers. They all suck if you don't understand fundamentals of a video. So we first need you to learn some software that you will use for life.

ooooh, scary right?
Not really, it's now cheap to get Adobe cc package...or if you must and don't like newest updates just crack it. But how to learn it ....well youtube has literally 1000's of tutorials. Put it this way a friend of mine wanted to learn these programs last week, he spent 2 hours on youtube learning and doing the tutorials and now he can edit. Simple right?

STEP ONE
Understand your message and target market. Quiet obvious and self-explanatory. Make a video your target market is going to like. So say the dog niche (classic) you obviously want footage/ pics of dogs maybe fun fonts and you would certainly want that dog footage to be the first thing the watcher sees.

STEP TWO
Gather your footage/images. Let's go down a simple route here and say you just have pictures from Aliexpress. I usually do a quick search on youtube for variations of the product name in case someone has done a review or a product video. If they have I message them asking for permission to use it. Do this too.

STEP THREE
Buy these plugins. I know right, how rude of me to suggest you need to buy more stuff. I'm sorry but unless you want to learn more than the basics and waste time / make these videos super slow, You need to spend some dollar. Put it this way, spend the $100 or so once on plugins and create your own unlimited product videos with instant revisions (as you can do them) or go through a hellish process with production companies and upwork freelancers. This will cost you a bunch more over time and take too much time. Remember this digital marketing game is about testing, analysis, and speed.

1. handy seamless transitions ($38 https://videohive.net/item/handy-seamless-transitions-pack-script/18967340)
2. Animation Composer by mr horse ($65 https://videohive.net/item/the-most-handy-presets-for-animation-composer/9276104?s_rank=1)

OPTIONAL: https://videohive.net/item/big-pack-of-elements/19888878 (just got this, cheaper then animation composer but harder to use...pretty incredible tho)

STEP FOUR

Start with handy seamless transitions. This creates amazing transitions between pictures and video. Once you have a few goes you can make a pretty great slideshow in under 5 mins. remember don't go mad with them ...over use of effects looks crazy.

Now lets play with animation composer / big pack of elements. Start with text then move on to playing with the ability to bring in motion graphics and other things that tell the product story. You will mainly use one of these for text.

STEP FIVE
ok, so time to put it all together. Build your titles and text and slideshow and try to build a story. You have seen other Facebook videos I am sure so you get the power of this. It's basically good quality video and images overlayed with titles to give more description. End with a call to action (comment, like, share, website, opinion, poll etc)

Make sure you add some cool background music ...I like SoundCloud or YouTube audio library for this.

FINAL TIPS:
  • K.I.S.S (keep it simple stupid) don't go too mad with effect. clear and simple is better.
  • Good music will keep them hooked (find good beats with a nice drop for those epic moments)
  • Edit pics, video and music first in Premiere Pro > export to After Effects > add transitions > add titles > DONE
I hope this helps some people. Also, the good point to this is if you learn this skill you have a skill for life. Much like me learning Facebook ads/targeting. In both cases, they take time, money and effort to learn. But once you learn these two skills there is not much in your way to selling just about any product/service/idea online.

Hi @James, do we need adobe AA ool as well for these to work ? or is it just a plugin which can work independently :)

meeyule

ooooh, scary right?

STEP ONE

STEP TWO

STEP THREE

STEP FOUR

STEP FIVE

FINAL TIPS:
ooh great post, thank you :)

Direct Webstore

hmm any recommendation for a relatively cheaper / WordPress plugin to start with

I've never even considered using a Wordpress plugin to edit/create videos. It's not really Wordpress's "area". A quick Google search says they exist ... but it seems a bit silly to me. https://www.google.com.au/search?q=....69i57j0l2.12752j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I used to put presentations of products together with animated effects in Powerpoint ... then converted it to a video and added background music. Can't remember the name of the Powerpoint to video converter ... but there's a couple of free ones out there. Ask Google.

sunshine

I've never even considered using a Wordpress plugin to edit/create videos. It's not really Wordpress's "area". A quick Google search says they exist ... but it seems a bit silly to me. https://www.google.com.au/search?q=....69i57j0l2.12752j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I used to put presentations of products together with animated effects in Powerpoint ... then converted it to a video and added background music. Can't remember the name of the Powerpoint to video converter ... but there's a couple of free ones out there. Ask Google.
right...
i also did that:) but now switched tomac so keynote is not so effective n some stuff breaks