How do you mange shipping time for worldwide shipping?

alioop

I have quite a concern on the shipping time. On shopify, i am able to customize each country to have their own rate. It is troublesome, but i have more control over what they see at checkout.

The reason is because, when i checked some of the trending niche, i saw their sales grew at a very fast pace. They were also targeting worldwide so the shipping time is horrible (I bought one item from Ali and it still hasn't arrive yet in 4 weeks. I can't imagine 8 weeks as their time limit). They went on the pages and complain about not receiving the products, and lots of them threaten to file a chargeback.

I'd hate to be having that. So i made a point to include the shipping time on checkout, right beside the delivery option, so they know what they should expect. Once they purchase, they are bound to the estimated time and i will have a reason to defend.

So i'm pretty curious how you manage that.

Yaros

Staff member
I would recommend using epacket shipping option, that costs $1-4, takes around 10-20 days and always provides tracking. There is no option to show delivery time on a checkout page. I think showing it on a product page is enough.

alioop

I would recommend using epacket shipping option, that costs $1-4, takes around 10-20 days and always provides tracking. There is no option to show delivery time on a checkout page. I think showing it on a product page is enough.

Pretty sure when you used IG shoutout for sales (worldofharry), you will get worldwide orders coming in. Can only target by country if you do paid ads. So far, you haven't faced chargeback or dispute cases?

I just read your KB page and you said, since you are giving free shipping and the price of the item is relatively cheap, buyers will not be too concerned about shipping time.

But i've seen it happening alot on fb pages, the amount of comments that were unmoderated shows me they were pretty pissed because.

1. They didn't check their email.
2. Even if they did, not all countries have tracking info. It's only avail inside of china.
3. The email went to spam.
4. They didn't know the shipping time. They can't read. Lots of reasons.
5. They know about the shipping time. But are unwilling to wait, and being impatient.

I fall into num 5 category. I know i paid and its this date of arrival, but in reality it's really long and i grew impatient.

Last edited:

otk

It's just one of the things You have to deal with when shipping from China, there is no workaround. Make it clear on the website and provide good customer service when customers reach You. Either You sell to other countries (which don't support ePacket) and are OK with longer shipping period or You lose the revenue. Don't worry too much about it.