How do you know an order has been delivered?

Direct Webstore

The Knowledge Base goes up to the "Order Shipped" bit ... then ends. No info about how to know when an order has been delivered so you can change the status to "Delivered"

So what's the normal procedure? Cross your fingers and hope the customer lets you know?

Adam

The order status changes in AliExpress itself when it has been delivered. I tend to wait a week or so, and if I haven't heard from the customer I will mark it delivered. You could also follow up with a post-sale email campaign to try to get a reply on if they received the goods as well.

Direct Webstore

The order status changes in AliExpress itself when it has been delivered.

How does Aliexpress know when it's been delivered, lost in the mail or seized by Customs? I've ordered heaps of stuff for myself and I have to go to Aliexpress and click "Confirm Goods Received". Obviously, customers of Alidropship stores can't do that.

So my question is still open. Unless the customer lets me know ... how am I supposed to know when to mark the item as "Delivered" in the backend?

Adam

Not sure if it is directly tied to the courier/post service in its accuracy. If not ... the question then is ... does it really matter if you mark it delivered in the back end? Does it trigger another sale funnel?

Direct Webstore

I don't fancy the idea of thousands of items sitting in Limbo in the backend of my store/s. The "Delivered" option must be there for some reason. And there must be some way of knowing "when" to use it.

I just hope it's NOT a case of the customer letting me know. That would just be too laughable. Knowing that the average customer is probably as lazy as I am.

Direct Webstore

I guess we just have to wait till the "Buyer Protection" period is over ... then mark it as "Delivered" ... Whether it has been or not. Seems pretty sloppy to me though.

I'm not sure if this is the case for all items or what, but 2 of my items have arrived to their customers now. and for those 2 items, I've gotten any email from aliexpress saying ur item was delivered, maybe because i use shipping with tracking and the system knows?

Basically when i get email from aliexpress saying it's delivered then i change the status

Direct Webstore

Like I've said ... I've ordered HEAPS of things from AE ... and it's always been up to me to inform them when I've received the goods. I just want to hear from the developers what they were thinking/expecting/dreaming/wishing about when they included the status "Delivered" option.

not to some parts of the world. I ran into that issue, some like aliexpress standard shipping to some parts of the world won't have it. btw check our convo msg ;)