HELP! SERVER OUT OF DISK SPACE

Dimitrios

Hello everyone!
My server is out of disk space. I must delete from the media library images but for each product there are so many. I deleted from a product some that weren't from the gallery and the published was intact, but when i deleted some others that were from the gallery of the product, the images were gone at the main page. How can i distinguish at the media library which are from the gallery and which are not?

Direct Webstore

How can i distinguish at the media library which are from the gallery and which are not?
You should have planned ahead and installed a media library manager plugin. You will just have to mass delete all your non selling products, empty the trash, go to the media library and filter "Unattached" Images ... then delete them all.

Then upgrade your hosting for more space or move to a better host.

Mostafa

Here's what I would do if I were you:

1. Login to your server with filezilla
  2. Navigate to the images directory
  3. Sort the files by size
  4. Download like the top 50 or something.
  5. Upload them on "Compressjpg.com"
  6. Download the conpressed images and reupload them again on your server.
  7. Don't forget to overwrite the existing ones

Direct Webstore

Here's what I would do if I were you:

1. Login to your server with filezilla
  2. Navigate to the images directory
  3. Sort the files by size
  4. Download like the top 50 or something.
  5. Upload them on "Compressjpg.com"
  6. Download the conpressed images and reupload them again on your server.
  7. Don't forget to overwrite the existing ones
He may as well just install EWWW or one of the other image compression plugins and do the same thing with much less hassle. But it still won't give him all that much extra space. He still just has way too many products for his hosting plan.

Mar

Hello everyone!
My server is out of disk space. I must delete from the media library images but for each product there are so many. I deleted from a product some that weren't from the gallery and the published was intact, but when i deleted some others that were from the gallery of the product, the images were gone at the main page. How can i distinguish at the media library which are from the gallery and which are not?
Open your media library in list mode and filter Unattached then click Filter. Take note that the unattached filter is for images that are not attached to products and posts. Any images that is added in sliders, banners etc. are unattached and it will be filtered as unattached. So when deleting unattached images, make sure these images are not included, or else you have to add them again. These are for media library folder. There are images in the uploads folder but not in the media folder and there is no filter and no thumbnails. It has to be removed with a plugin. I know a number of plugins for the job but I cannot recommend one since I did not see any that work well.

Direct Webstore

Take note that the unattached filter is for images that are not attached to products and posts.
He should use a media manager and have categories for SITE, BLOGS etc and assign those images to the categories. Then he can filter for "Unattached" and "Not in a Media Category" ... all the images then displayed can be safely deleted. But it's too late for that now.

ukdivision

I used this plugin that finds and deletes duplicate images.
Seach wp for 'Media Deduper'

A recent cleanup went from 1.2gb. to 44mb disk usage!

Warning! Be very careful when you use this plugin. You MUST read all of the information BEFORE you use it!

Although it says it does not preserve media used in galleries, other shortcodes, custom fields, the bodies of posts, or other meta data, and it is not reversible. I have had no issues with my post images using wp alidropship plugin.

No guarantee's you won't have any issues though!

Please be careful.

I Backup my uploads folder and database.
I Use: Hide duplicates that share files. in the dropdown box.
I Use: Smart Delete

I also use the smush pro plugin to compress all images.

Direct Webstore

Seach wp for 'Media Deduper'

A recent cleanup went from 1.2gb. to 44mb disk usage!
Please be careful.

If it deletes resized images meant for mobile, and considering that at the moment 43% of e-commerce sales are via mobile, and after 2020 are expected to be over 50% ... I'd be REALLY careful. The time has come to think "mobile first" and "desktop second" with websites now.

:)

ukdivision

Yep like I said, be really careful. Personally I've had no issues with deleting images that have been resized for mobile as it has only deleted identical duplicates.

Mar

Guys I just saw this tip how to set up Media sizes: This will prevent Wordpress from saving many sizes of an image. I have tested it and so far it is working. I imported new products, the number of sizes in image saved is down to 5 from around 15 before the setup and all images of the product is in place in the front end.

1538780595099.png

kefaae

Guys I just saw this tip how to set up Media sizes: This will prevent Wordpress from saving many sizes of an image. I have tested it and so far it is working. I imported new products, the number of sizes in image saved is down to 5 from around 15 before the setup and all images of the product is in place in the front end.

View attachment 6119
it should be all 0?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 8

Jin Jie

Hi Mar,
Just asking to see if this is still relevant, I also have seen this advice somewhere?
Anyway, the woocommerce image sizes have moved to the customizer.
Thank you.
BTW, do you use ShortPixel for compression?

Mar

Hi Mar,
Just asking to see if this is still relevant, I also have seen this advice somewhere?
Anyway, the woocommerce image sizes have moved to the customizer.
Thank you.
BTW, do you use ShortPixel for compression?
My setup in Media Settings are the same until now.

1562764889768.png