Had an embarrassing moment regarding stock

Is stock and price auto or manual update working for you (confirmed)?

• Total voters

Jess

Hey everyone,

Yaros is already working on this for me but i am curious if anyone else had this happen (or even has noticed). I had a customer make a purchase on my site. I was excited as it was almost a $50 order. When i went to order, i was happy that the auto order button was actually doing something (as it never did anything before). It took awhile but in the end, i realized that the variation that the customer ordered was out of stock. I tried everything i could to get the customer what they ordered but could not so i suggested they order something else. And to my horror, the item they picked was also out of stock.:confused: I have auto update activated but my site showed tons of stock for both. Manual update for me is also not working.

In the end i had to refund the customer and take my store offline. I've been very stressed about this and hope i don't damage my store's rep to much. But i'm now curious if it's something on my site or others just haven't noticed. Would love to hear if yours is confirmed working or if you can test it and let me know for sure if price and stock are updated.

Thanks again Yaros and hope you can figure this out soon. I've already had thoughts of shutting down but believe in you and your team.

Groan

I did have somethgin like this happen. Also today I just noticed that a bunch of items prices were set to nothing so my site was listing them for FREE!
This is a huge problem.

Sunster

Staff member
I did have somethgin like this happen. Also today I just noticed that a bunch of items prices were set to nothing so my site was listing them for FREE!
This is a huge problem.

Regarding the prices, make sure you have the latest version. I believe that was fixed.

Groan

Regarding the prices, make sure you have the latest version. I believe that was fixed.

It didnt show as requiring an update in the "updates" notification. Looked now at the plugins page I see it is needing one. updating now.

EDIT The update, while it didn't fix it the first time I ran it, worked the second time.

Crisis averted.

Last edited: