Go straight to cart vs ajax cart

landed

Hi
I wanted to ask if anyone has experimented with changing the woocommerce setting that allows you to control the behaviour when you click add to cart.
a) Shows an ajax update and a highlighted drop down cart div over the icon at the top of the site.
b) Goes to the shopping cart page.

'a' has the advantages that you can continue easily to add other items or variations which can be interesting for SOME types of product where it is typical to add say a few colours - lipstick etc. Or where you might like to add more items though you can do that in the checkout area.

'b' for an item that has no variations you are having a direct easy way to checkout that stops people getting distracted and is more like a funnel. I see more shopify sites are doing this.

I am looking for reasons why I get a lot of add to cart and few purchases. Yes I know it could be a ton of other reasons. But would like to ask the community what their opinions are.
So the setting I am talking about is this one; woo > settings > add to basket behaviour

TY

Best to test and its definitely dependent on your store setup. If you have a large inventory it MAY be helpful for the ajax cart otherwise go directly to checkout maybe more suitable. But again this is dependent on tons of factors so it would be best to have a solid data yourself.