Free Premium Woocommerce Extensions

Direct Webstore

https://gpldl.com/repository/premium-woocommerce-extensions/

Put your wallet away!

Just discovered this. They update the extensions all the time too. So when when an extension is updated, just download it.

Looks clean and legit to me. Free join up. Only catch is that you're limited to 25 downloads per month. Which is plenty. You can get more downloads with a donation.

All Woocommerce extensions are GPL (General Public License). That's how they can legally supply free copies. Of course ... there is no support, apart from the general support at the extension's home pages.

Some of the extensions will ask for a licence code. You don't need it. It still runs without it. You only need it for automatic updates and support. When the extension needs an update...go to GPLDL and download it. Simple!

These are NOT "nulled" extensions. They are clean and original. I've been testing a few of them on a test site and no problems at all. If you like an extension after trying it out for a while ... go buy a license. It's less hassle with updating. Or buy a license when it next updates itself. Or keep "testing" it forever. Up to you. :)

But just go to the site and READ their FAQ etc and decide for yourself.

Standby for the naysayers, panic merchants and brainwashed doom mongers going on about "hidden viruses" etc but haven't even checked the site out ... lol :)

Last edited:

NexusFred

Hello,
this website look weird :confused:

For example "YITH WooCommerce Anti-Fraud" is sale for 53.99€ on yithemes.com and available for free on gpldl.com ??!!

But in the readme.txt file of "YITH WooCommerce Anti-Fraud"it's well indicated "License: GPLv2 or later" ?

Contributors: yithemes
Tags: woocommerce, products, themes, yit, yith, yithemes, e-commerce, shop, anti-fraud, fraud risk,
Requires at least: 4.0
Tested up to: 4.9
Stable tag: 1.1.5
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html

So why YITH build a plugin, sale it and flag it as GPL ??? I'm confuse o_O

Direct Webstore

For example "YITH WooCommerce Anti-Fraud" is sale for 53.99€ on yithemes.com and available for free on gpldl.com ??!!

I guess you just decided to ignore this, right? It explains all.
But just go to the site and READ their FAQ etc and decide for yourself.

Maybe I should make it even bigger. LOL :)

So why YITH build a plugin, sale it and flag it as GPL ??? I'm confuse
Some of the extensions will ask for a licence code. You don't need it. It still runs without it. You only need it for automatic updates and support.
You are not really paying for the plugin, you are really paying for automatic updates and support. This site buys the licenses and when they get automatic updates, they post the update on their site. They make money via "donations". It perfectly legal to give copies of the extensions etc away as they are GPL. Again ... you are paying for "Automatic updates and support".

If you really love the extension after using it for a while and your conscience is killing you ... go and pay for a license. That's what they more or less say on the site. i.e, the extensions are for "testing" purposes. But if you want to "test" the extensions forever ... that's up to you. ;)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

So when someone sees one of the extensions in their WP-Admin saying there is an update available ... they can't update it from their dashboard. They need to go to https://gpldl.com/repository/premium-woocommerce-extensions/ and download the latest version. Possibly a few days later. Then uninstall/delete the old one, then upload/install/activate the new one. The settings will remain intact as they are stored in the database. (Options table, usually)

And again ... there is no (email/ticket) support for these, apart from the general support threads on the extensions homepage. If someone wants special email/ticket support and updates from their WP-Admin panel ... they should go and pay for the extension. Simple. :)

If someone is the type of person that struggles with reading documentation and FAQs, finds it really hard to do forum/thread searches, has never heard of the concept of Google searches, have no troubleshooting ability at all, no common sense or imagination at all and needs their hand held by support teams 24/7 ... they should go and pay for the extension instead. LOL :)

But if someone possess at least some of those qualities above, they can save themself some money and download the copies for free.
If they love them and they help them make thousands of dollars, they can go and buy a license. :)

But I would only buy ones that have a once only payment. The greedy extortionist ones that want monthly/yearly payments forever can go to Hell. I only "buy" extensions and plugins ... not "rent" them. :)

Last edited:

NexusFred

@Direct Webstore I had read the F.A.Q and I know what GPL is.

What I do not understand is the business model of Yithemes.

They spent money to build them, so ... why put their plugins under GPL Licence ?

kingpin

@Direct Webstore I had read the F.A.Q and I know what GPL is.

What I do not understand is the business model of Yithemes.

They spent money to build them, so ... why put their plugins under GPL Licence ?

Because WORDPRESS IS GPL

And plugins and extensions are part of wordpress so technically and logically they're also regard as gpl.

Any wordpress plugin or theme developer is liable to put GPL licenses to comply with wordpress core TOS.

Yith or any other agency/company selling plugins and themes business model is to get subscription charges from people, providing automatic updates and support

NexusFred

Any wordpress plugin or theme developer is liable to put GPL licenses to comply with wordpress core TOS

So, if I find a copy of a premium plug-in sold on Codecanyon, I can use it without paying a license? o_O

By the way Alidropship is not GPL.

/**
* Plugin Name: AliDropship Woo Plugin
* Plugin URI: https://alidropship.com/
* Description: AliDropship Woo is a WordPress plugin created for import AliExpress product to Woo Shop
* Version: 1.2.9
* Text Domain: adsw
* Requires at least: WP 4.9.8
* Author: Vitaly Kukin & Yaroslav Nevskiy & Pavel Shishkin & Denis Zharov
* Author URI: http://yellowduck.me/
* License: SHAREWARE
*/

Direct Webstore

So, if I find a copy of a premium plug-in sold on Codecanyon, I can use it without paying a license?

That's right. But you get no email/ticket support and when it needs updating you have to find a new updated copy. (Which you can do at the GPLDL site)

Like has been mentioned several times now ...
You are not really paying for the plugin, you are really paying for automatic updates and support.
Yith or any other agency/company selling plugins and themes business model is to get subscription charges from people, providing automatic updates and support

Arnaldo

Not a conscience problem or judgemental thing but cool things aren't that cool when shared publicly lol

NexusFred

The Wordpress "GNU Public License" redirect to the "Dupral Licence Page" for Plugins and Themes (Themes and Module for Dupral)

Extract from Dupral Licence Page :

9. If I write a module or theme, do I have to license it under the GPL?

Yes. Drupal modules and themes are a derivative work of Drupal. If you distribute them, you must do so under the terms of the GPL version 2 or later. You are not required to distribute them at all, however. (See question 8 below.)

However, when distributing your own Drupal-based work, it is important to keep in mind what the GPL applies to. The GPL on code applies to code that interacts with that code, but not to data. That is, Drupal's PHP code is under the GPL, and so all PHP code that interacts with it must also be under the GPL or GPL compatible. Images, JavaScript, and Flash files that PHP sends to the browser are not affected by the GPL because they are data. However, Drupal's JavaScript, including the copy of jQuery that is included with Drupal, is itself under the GPL as well, so any Javascript that interacts with Drupal's JavaScript in the browser must also be under the GPL or a GPL compatible license.

When distributing your own module or theme, therefore, the GPL applies to any pieces that directly interact with parts of Drupal that are under the GPL. Images and Flash files you create yourself are not affected. However, if you make a new image based off of an image that is provided by Drupal under the GPL, then that image must also be under the GPL.

If you commit that module or theme to a Drupal Git repository, however, then all parts of it must be under the GPL version 2 or later, and you must provide the source code. That means the editable form of all files, as described above.

If I well understand this text, the code is GPL but not the images specially created for the Theme or Plugin. So it's legal to use them but without any image.

It's even more clear in the Envato Licence files.

This theme or plugin is comprised of two parts.

(1) the PHP code and integrated HTML are licensed under the General Public
License (GPL). You will find a copy of the GPL in the same directory as this
text file.

(2) All other parts, but not limited to the CSS code, images, and design are
licensed according to the terms of your purchased license.

The plugins or themes available on GPLDL must have the code and the image under GPL licence.

Direct Webstore

The Wordpress "GNU Public License" redirect to the "Dupral Licence Page" for Plugins and Themes (Themes and Module for Dupral)

If I well understand this text, the code is GPL but not the images specially created for the Theme or Plugin. So it's legal to use them but without any image.

It's even more clear in the Envato Licence files.

The plugins or themes available on GPLDL must have the code and the image under GPL licence.

I think you better pay for the extensions upfront, otherwise you'll get no sleep at all. lol :)

As for me ... if they turn out to be beneficial to me and help me make money ... I'll buy a license sooner or later. It's much less hassle updating them.

I've already tried a couple of extensions I didn't quite like. If I had paid upfront, I'd have wasted my money. If all plugins and extensions had free trial periods, rather than greedily demand money upfront, they'd probably sell more. And forget about "Refund guarantees", people don't trust them.

e.g. I downloaded a "free copy" of the Flatsome theme to try out a few weeks ago. (from another place) I loved it ... so I bought a license.

But let's not turn this into a "moral" or "legality" argument thread. Without question it IS a "little grey". Use the resource ... or not.

:)

Last edited:

NexusFred

@Direct Webstore , I do not want to always pay for plugins or themes. :)

If you want to know exactly what a plugin or theme can do, it's very easy to find a copy of it and try it on a local server (Xampp, Wamp ..). :D

And It's also very easy to be refund on Themeforest or Codecanyon if you regret your purchase. :cool:

As for me ... if they turn out to be beneficial to me and help me make money

The themes or plugins authors also need to make money to live. They not all do it for the glory. :D

Anyway it's not legal to use, copy or distribute all themes and plugins even the code is GPL.

Use a copy of Flatsome or Avada is not legal, or yes it's legal but without all CSS, non JQuery Javascript, CSS and images created for them :)

I think a theme without all this will not run well, lol :)

Direct Webstore

If you want to know exactly what a plugin or theme can do, it's very easy to find a copy of it
I know. Google is amazing ... Check out GPLDL.. lol :)
try it on a local server (Xampp, Wamp ..)
Not really neccessary. Some won't even work locally.

authors also need to make money to live.
No kidding? lol :)

And It's also very easy to be refund on Themeforest or Codecanyon if you regret your purchase. :cool:
How many easy refunds have you had? Or are you just quoting their claims?

I tried to get a refund for a theme a couple of years ago and it took several emails and a couple of weeks to get the author to even reply.
And then it took several more emails to finally squeeze the refund out of him. A major hassle.

Anyway it's not legal to use, copy or distribute all themes and plugins even the code is GPL.
Well you better not use copies or you will be a naughty boy and Santa will put you on the "Naughty List" ... and you won't get a bicycle for Christmas. :)

Standby for the naysayers, panic merchants..

:)

Last edited:

NexusFred

I know. Google is amazing ... Check out GPLDL.. lo
:):)

How many easy refunds have you had? Or are you just quoting their claims?

I had purchase "NewsPaper" from tagDiv on Themeforest and get a refund without any problem. I also had some issue with a plugin, and by themselves propose a refund but I kept it (the bug was not important).

Well you better not use copies or you will be a naughty boy and Santa will put you on the "Naughty List" ... and you won't get a bicycle for Christmas

No I will not use a copy if I intent to build a website to make money. That bad like when you cross the streams:D

Last edited:

Direct Webstore