Feature Request: Notify Admin of Price Change

tariq

Hi AliDropship Community,

I have been using this plugin for a while now and I have noticed that a key feature that Oberlo has that AliDropship is lacking in is the ability to only notify the administrator when a price is changed without actually updating the price. This is because especially for those running ads for specific products, if the price changes and auto-update feature is turned on, the price will be changed to the new price and your ad may be inaccurate.

However, I have read that Yaros himself does not use auto-update feature, which I agree with, but this also can lead to a loss in profits if the price drastically changes and there are no similar products on Aliexpress that you can alternatively order from.

Therefore, an easy to solution to this is to implement a feature to notify the site administrator by either an email or an admin notification that the price of a product has changed. Oberlo already has this feature and it should not be too hard to implement in a near update. This way, if the price changes, you are able to manually update it to a price that you see fit without having to have the price automatically changed without your knowing.

Please consider adding this feature in a future update :)

Thanks!

I agree with you, i hope they make this necessary update for the future i think this will help more drop shippers such as myself and you.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Staff member
Hi AliDropship Community,

I have been using this plugin for a while now and I have noticed that a key feature that Oberlo has that AliDropship is lacking in is the ability to only notify the administrator when a price is changed without actually updating the price. This is because especially for those running ads for specific products, if the price changes and auto-update feature is turned on, the price will be changed to the new price and your ad may be inaccurate.

However, I have read that Yaros himself does not use auto-update feature, which I agree with, but this also can lead to a loss in profits if the price drastically changes and there are no similar products on Aliexpress that you can alternatively order from.

Therefore, an easy to solution to this is to implement a feature to notify the site administrator by either an email or an admin notification that the price of a product has changed. Oberlo already has this feature and it should not be too hard to implement in a near update. This way, if the price changes, you are able to manually update it to a price that you see fit without having to have the price automatically changed without your knowing.

Please consider adding this feature in a future update :)

Thanks!
Thank you for a suggestion - I will discuss it with developers.