EU and VAT rules

Ovidiu

Hello,

I am thinking to give this plugin a shot though I am still trying to put all the info together. I haven't see any VAT added to the Aliexpress products when you purchase them, if you are from EU. Are there are EU people around here, how do you manage this part? You are adding the VAT for EU customers on top of the price of the products imported from Aliexpress?
The same question is related to an EU based company, should charge VAT or not for EU based customers? I am asking this also because I don't know if I should use my Paypal Biz account or regular.
Last question, should I first go for the normal Alidropship plugin or for the Woo one? I am not a WP guru nor a Woo guru but I do well enough :)

Cheers

Djay

Hi Ovidiu,
I am in EU and i guess i can answer your question.
You don't see VAT added on aliexpress products because what you pay on aliexpress is an all inclusive price + shipping (Shipping is free on most of the items).
Also a lot of Ali express suppliers under-qote product price to avoid or lower customs/import duty

VAT is exempted till certain amount in many EU member countries. If you cross than this threshold amount then you should pay VAT, regardless of whether you charge this to your customer explicitly or not.

You may use your regular paypal account without any issues. Just speak to a CA/tax consultant to know VAT rules in your country.

Click on below URL to know features of Alidropship vs Woo plugin:
https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/alidropship-vs-alidropship-woocommerce-what-to-choose.695/

Ovidiu

Hello Djay,

Thanks a mill for your reply. I guess you are referring to this threshold.
Anyway I am not planning to create stores for selling in my own country, is complicated enough to translate everything plus the power of purchase is not that high so all that work might not pay off. Though I was asking for the event I have EU customers and how I should "treat them". On the other hand having a company helps you get a 3rd party CC processor which can help with the conversions.
Anyway, I still have a questions regarding PayPal personal account. If you are managing more stores is not a problem people see a weird email address, plus you can't customize it. I know for Biz accounts you can ask for child accounts and you can use more custom names. How do you manage this part, to have your personal Paypal account customized for your store(s)