Editing Capabilities

I am an experienced WooCommerce user, and I just purchased this plugin last week. As I am navigating through the ins and outs of how this plugin works I wanted to CONFIRM that I'm understanding the details of what kind of editing capabilities are available to me. From everything I've found in the AliDropship resources, it seems like there may be some nuance to what can and what cannot be done. This is totally fine, just want to make sure I understand everything properly.

1. I CAN edit the following items like a 'normal' WooCommerce product WITHOUT breaking the auto-update and auto-order functionalities of the plugin:
- Product Name and URL
- Product Description
- Product Images
- Product Categories and Tags
- Product Price
- Attribute Names
- Variation Names
- Shipping Costs

2. I can delete variations

3. I canNOT delete attributes

The reason I ask is specifically to address the question of whether or not changing the names of the attributes will mess up the 'connection' with the AliExpress supplier and mess up my order. I would prefer to delete some of them altogether, but from what I've found on here, deleting them would disable to auto-update functionality. (I know I can just hide them on the product page... so that's no big deal.) But I want to make sure that I can actually EDIT them without causing a problem.

Many of the products in my store have variations/attributes that are poorly or improperly labeled on AliExpress (calling an item 'purple' when it is clearly silver), and I want to be able to change that attribute without 'breaking' the connection with the supplier's system. If my customer orders a 'silver' item (edited by me in WooCommerce), will the supplier know that I'm really ordering his so-called 'purple' item when I place the order?

Thank You

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I am an experienced WooCommerce user, and I just purchased this plugin last week. As I am navigating through the ins and outs of how this plugin works I wanted to CONFIRM that I'm understanding the details of what kind of editing capabilities are available to me. From everything I've found in the AliDropship resources, it seems like there may be some nuance to what can and what cannot be done. This is totally fine, just want to make sure I understand everything properly.

1. I CAN edit the following items like a 'normal' WooCommerce product WITHOUT breaking the auto-update and auto-order functionalities of the plugin:
- Product Name and URL
- Product Description
- Product Images
- Product Categories and Tags
- Product Price
- Attribute Names
- Variation Names
- Shipping Costs

2. I can delete variations

3. I canNOT delete attributes

The reason I ask is specifically to address the question of whether or not changing the names of the attributes will mess up the 'connection' with the AliExpress supplier and mess up my order. I would prefer to delete some of them altogether, but from what I've found on here, deleting them would disable to auto-update functionality. (I know I can just hide them on the product page... so that's no big deal.) But I want to make sure that I can actually EDIT them without causing a problem.

Many of the products in my store have variations/attributes that are poorly or improperly labeled on AliExpress (calling an item 'purple' when it is clearly silver), and I want to be able to change that attribute without 'breaking' the connection with the supplier's system. If my customer orders a 'silver' item (edited by me in WooCommerce), will the supplier know that I'm really ordering his so-called 'purple' item when I place the order?

Thank You
You understood everything right! You can change names of variations/attributes, when you start autofilling plugin find original name of variation (attribute) and select it, or if it will not be able to do so it offers you to choose from possible options.

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I now have a second question related to this... I've looked around but couldn't find a comprehensive answer...

How does the auto-update feature work when it comes to pricing? If I chose not to have a 'pricing rule' and I manually set the prices for my products, what happens when the prices auto-update?

Does the auto-update ONLY affect the 'supplier price'? Or does it reset the product price on my site? Or something else?

I understand how it would work if I had a pricing rule, but I'd rather not use pricing 'rules' as manually picking the price per product is a more precise way to handle the issue. Still, I don't want to have to re-do those prices every time an auto-update takes place.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Thank you so much for the quick reply. I now have a second question related to this... I've looked around but couldn't find a comprehensive answer...

How does the auto-update feature work when it comes to pricing? If I chose not to have a 'pricing rule' and I manually set the prices for my products, what happens when the prices auto-update?

Does the auto-update ONLY affect the 'supplier price'? Or does it reset the product price on my site? Or something else?

I understand how it would work if I had a pricing rule, but I'd rather not use pricing 'rules' as manually picking the price per product is a more precise way to handle the issue. Still, I don't want to have to re-do those prices every time an auto-update takes place.
Hello, auto-update based on filter you set in Update options:

Updates ‹ Demo — WordPress - Google Chrome 2018-03-16 14.54.46.png

If you don't want some products to be updated switch off update option in Product options -> Update.

Edit Item ‹ Demo — WordPress - Google Chrome 2018-03-16 14.56.02.png