E-packet

cansme3

What is the best way to handle an e-packet shipment that will not make it in the suggested timeframe (12-20)? In fact, according to delivery services, it will be 45 days in total (possibly). The expected delivery date keeps changing. According to the page, I can keep waiting or open a dispute. The buyer protection says I have 11 more days and so with the delivery expectation, I will need to request an extension on buyer protection.

I used the chat feature on Aliexpress but not sure if that is a robot or a person. Seems by the responses robotic.

First time this has happened, and not sure how to handle.

absimp

You mean how to handle it considering your customer?

Or is it an order you placed for yourself?

cansme3

This was a test order but also a Christmas gift. It went from saying that it would be here this week (according to email), to a few days after Christmas (which was ok with me) and now January (?). The latter times were giving using an android app. The recommend services are stuck saying, "Dispatched from sorting center or awaiting shipment."

I made contact with the seller who responded with a one liner, “it was shipped.” I followed up with seller this week and received no response. So I removed that product from website. I guess a refund request is in the future. With a customer I would have to give them the options presented to me I'm guessing. However, I don't really understand what they all mean being new to Aliexpress.

So yes absimp, I was looking for input both scenarios.

absimp

If it has dispatched and there is a tracking code you need to wait.

Some products ship in a week, others can take 6 weeks or longer.

You need to be prepared for that if you are dropshipping from China.

cansme3

This is what my item says on the dashboard of Aliexpress:
Reminder: Your order should arrive within 12-20 Days, Factors such as delayed logistics and customs clearings may have an impact on the delivery time.
1. If your order does not arrive on 2018-12-26, you can apply for a refund by opening a dispute.
2. To extend the Buyer Protection for this order, please click here.

So basically the Estimated Delivery Time of 12-20 Days + Processing Time (business days) means nothing normally or is this due to the strike, holidays or combination of both? However, if this is the norm, then wouldn't that just lead to possibly a nasty email or refund request from a customer?

Finally, do I also need to extend the purchase protection? I don't see how many times this can be done.
Submitting a Purchase Protection Extension Request
Please note: you are asking the seller for an extension of your Purchase Protection. The seller still needs to confirm if he agrees or disagrees. If the seller accepts your request, the On-Time Delivery date will also automatically be extended.

Thanks for walking me through.

landed

Aliexpress is the biggest threat to our model and this plugin. I had 3 problem order 2 were bad sellers listing items they didn't have.
The 3rd was ali itself not telling me a payment had failed until I got an email saying my order was about to be cancelled if I didn't pay.
Awful way to dropship. Hope they work things out considering bad sellers. So it's up to us to always never allow a seller to force you to say 'other' when you cancel an order use the proper reason 'no stock' as this is going to help us all in the long run.

cansme3

Sorry about your trouble Landed. This can happen with any company. However, there should be communication on all fronts. What troubles me is the silence or harsh words with hard questions or just questions that are not painting rainbow pictures.