Dropshipping Journey

jubran

Looks good, just maybe center the buttons for Mobile viewports. And make the timer a for hours not days for such items.

Yan

Looks great bro! :) May I ask how did you create such a landing page? Very pro!

artmelkon

Looks great bro! :) May I ask how did you create such a landing page? Very pro!
Hi Yen,
sure, not a secret.
First, I created a totaly new subdomain, then installed elementor plugin, it has cool templates and other options. for the counter, I used waiting plugin. All of this free. ;)

Yan

Hi Yen,
sure, not a secret.
First, I created a totaly new subdomain, then installed elementor plugin, it has cool templates and other options. for the counter, I used waiting plugin. All of this free. ;)

You are the best bro. Did not know about the elementor plugin and waiting plugin! :)

artmelkon

Yes, to design pages i always use elementor, waiting is easy, once set up for how long do you need it to run, you copy the shortcode and paste into your page.

ZAPPY

artmelkon said:
sure, not a secret. First, I created a totaly new subdomain, then installed elementor plugin...

I've missed the result of using the Elementor plugin (got 404 code when visited page just now) BUT thank you for the intro to this plugin. I had a look on YT and seems very very impressive - not to mention quick as you've pointed out!

Who can complain about 'drag and drop'?

I am trying to run an ad and created this product landing page {...}
So how did it go?

Results to share?

Also you didnt say which ad platform you used? FB? Adwords? Bing? PLAs?

artmelkon

I've missed the result of using the Elementor plugin (got 404 code when visited page just now) BUT thank you for the intro to this plugin. I had a look on YT and seems very very impressive - not to mention quick as you've pointed out!

Who can complain about 'drag and drop'?

So how did it go?

Results to share?

Also you didnt say which ad platform you used? FB? Adwords? Bing? PLAs?

To be honest with you, no luck selling any of those products and I did shoutouts in IG. Still trying.
You got 404 error because I took the page down, now I am working on opt-in pages. Trying everything just to get prospects and some sales.

ZAPPY

artmelkon said:
... no luck selling any of those products and I did shoutouts in IG. Still trying.
Good to read that you haven't given up and doing another strategy.

Read (more than once) that not all IG accounts are genuine with their followers numbers and with the increase of ad blocking, (Google started theirs Feb 15), shoutouts set to grow throughout 2018.

artmelkon said:
[...] now I am working on opt-in pages [...]
Ah!

Okay.

Looking forward to your update.:)

Who are you using as autoresponder?

artmelkon

Good to read that you haven't given up and doing another strategy.

Read (more than once) that not all IG accounts are genuine with their followers numbers and with the increase of ad blocking, (Google started theirs Feb 15), shoutouts set to grow throughout 2018.

Ah!

Okay.

Looking forward to your update.:)

Who are you using as autoresponder?
Hey, good to hear from you!
When it comes to IG shoutouts I usually go through their engagement. I take 10 posts and then I take the average respond if it's close to 10% then I will approach the influencer if it's below that number I will go to next one.
In terms of autoresponder, I use Aweber, they are ok.
I think first I have to work on branding, I think people they don't trust my site. That is my assumption.

How things are going with you?

ZAPPY

Yes, I read of the testing method as you described for Instagram followers being nearer true than false.

Unsure I will be using ShoutOuts once get started though

I'm an AWeber customer too and currently thinking of what to place in my followup content

Heard ActiveCampaign may be better for eCommerce because of their 'better' tagging system they have compared to AWeber

artmelkon said:
I think people they don't trust my site. That is my assumption.
Huh?

Why say that?

Did you have someone look at it and see what you dont see?

Or you know what you know?

Until someone else has said it's a trust issue - never assume!

Had one sale?
Then not a matter of trust is it?

No sales?
Well, that's for another comment posting me thinks

artmelkon said:
How things are going with you?
Thanks for asking.:)

Had to wait from Fri to Mon this weekend gone for support to get back and tell me where was going wrong with my setting up of Product categories.

So that was another mini setback.

My first delay was trying to do a WooCommerce version - disaster!

This is my 1st time attempting a dropshipping website and still getting the essential behind the scenes completed prior to hitting that publish button. Currently onto the importing from AliExpress stage

Will get back to you, when I hit the target I've got written down because then will be a case study and not a one off fluke meaning get a sale (perhaps a couple) then famine time because no more sales therefore nothing to report in until next sale - which could be when?

Do intend to have 2 stores to begin with though in first week so can increase prospects of getting to my first dropshipping earnings target quicker.

artmelkon

Hey Zappy, good to hear from you!
Huh?
Why say that?

Did you have someone look at it and see what you dont see?

Or you know what you know?

Until someone else has said it's a trust issue - never assume!

Had one sale?
Then not a matter of trust is it?

No sales?
Well, that's for another comment posting me thinks
I tried to run ads on FB but wasnt successfu, tried shoutouts same, not much luck, some people comented that my storw is not trustworthy and some people toraly opposit. So, because my sales wer lower tjen expected i assume it lacking consumer confidence, again i could be wrong. I've been trying about six month now and couldnt figure out what qm i doing wrong. On the other hand i am too perfectionist which is goos and bad. Some people just get away with sloppy website but not me. you cant just give up. I am trying to think of what else i can do just to get it going.

About activecampaign vs aweber, i just checked their sight and i think i know what you mean. Getresponse and activecampain have similar way pf running campains, visual, aweber sucks when it comes down to campains, not user friendly..
Mogjt i will awitch to it too.

ZAPPY

artmelkon said:
sorey for typos, i was using my phone
That's cool as I can read mobile phone typo talk;)

Those that said untrustworthy; did you get a chance for them to expand why when they told you this?
Only way to know what to fix to make it trustworthy and yet fact got some buyers shows cant please all innit!

Whilst not giving up on the store, after 6mths why not have a break and start another?

Know what you mean about perfectionist - seems you have a twin on this forum:eek:.

Will stay with AWeber for now as they are trying to play catch up with Active and GetResponse and have been good to me over the years

Suggest:
~ placing an optin form on your store with about 2 months worth of follow ups and see whether sales have picked up. Doesnt mean have to be 60 follows up! Even 2 or 1 a week should suffice to keep your store in mind. Email content good and bringing subscriber back to store each time, never know just might be the nudge they need to make a purchase after all​
~ getting those who did purchase a mini thank you with a % off next order coupon. (Just like big brands do) May run at a lost for you (profit margin) however you'll have gained a possible repeat loyal customer​
~ run a competition by purchasing an item from AliExpress and letting your buyers know that you're picking, at random, the 10th buyer today as the winner. Then send it and announce winner on your store and when the next competion will be and repeat​
~ get approx 30 public domain images and place on your Instagram or FB and write a relevant write up about the image each day on an item on your store and direct the link to your store. If got a blog this traffic method is even better Remember you can do this in one or two sittings and leave it in a folder on your desktop. Set a reminder on your mobile phone to post each day. By day 7 you'll look forward to it and see how quick a task this is.​

I think will stop there as shared enough to get your creative juices flowing because dont even get me started on email content! Ha, ha!

Mind you, as an AWeber customer yourself, you're aware that it's not about getting traffic to your store. It's about watching the conversion rate of your buyers. Similarly not about the open email rate and not even the clicks but the end result in did the email do it's job!

Be yourself in content and your open rate will be higher than your competitors anyway as subscribers will look forward to your emails

Without seeing your store, best can suggest at the mo!

Go for it!

Last edited:

artmelkon

Know what you mean about perfectionist - seems you have a twin on this forum:eek:.

It's pretty cool to have a tween like that :)
It's same thought processes, I guess!

Those that said untrustworthy; did you get a chance for them to expand why when they told you this?
If they can't justify why my site is untrustworthy, honestly, I don't even care their opinion they can go to hell.
To me, if someone tells you your site is untrustworthy at least they should tell you why they think that way and where to look for answers. Dropshipping seems easy but it's complex and there are many elements come to play some get it with ease for some it's hard, not every person is same, at least that's my opinion.

I got my opt-in page and magnet lead page ready, trying to figure out the best way to set up AWeber campaign, tagging, and other things.
I think we have a lot of things common, ambitious and haredworking. I spend at least 12 hours a day to figure what else could be done to master.
And thank you for the suggestion, I will pm you the URL so you can check it out.

ZAPPY

artmelkon said:
{...} I don't even care their opinion they can go to hell.
Hmmm...

Not sure on this conclusion however it's your opinion so respect it

artmelkon said:
To me, if someone tells you your site is untrustworthy at least they should tell you why
And you def gave the oppo to do this with a questionnaire (Google forms is FREE) or in email followup? How did you get their views on trustworthiness?

artmelkon said:
Dropshipping seems easy but it's complex {...}
I've started to notice too and loving the challenge so far

Still think made a good choice with choosing AliDropship plugin v Shopify because the delay in doing my research, choosing products and waiting for customer support, I woulda missed my FREE 14day trial and be stuffed with Shopify payments before even publishing! Suspect why there's so many closed Shopify stores

I think the WooCommerce themes are more enticing than the AliDropship FREE themes though and tried to use a Woo theme (Shophistic) but realised very quickly that I was in over my head.

Was a quick retreat to the Michaelangelo theme!

artmelkon said:
I got my opt-in page and magnet lead page ready...
Good to read that.

Still working on mine

Remember to delay it appearing. Give visitor time to look around and then appears. These pops ups can lead to similar banner/advert blindness. Well for me anyway. As I get on a store and one appears, I find the X button - sharpish!

Ensuring your follow ups content match your store visitors style and store product. This tip can make you stand out from the others who manage to get email addresses too. Another tip is to keep email content brief and always always always have a click back to your store or a store page or your social media post relating to the email content. (Nice targetted traffic) Then mix up some email content with industry / social media news relating to your store products.

artmelkon said:
...trying to figure out the best way to set up AWeber campaign, tagging, and other things...
Nightmare even for me so far.:confused:

As said AWeber is playing catch up to the leaders

artmelkon said:
And thank you for the suggestion, I will pm you the URL so you can check it out.
Cool

I've learnt alot to bring to my stores from these forum posts in the short time I've joined (Feb 2018)

Will soon be off this forum though as time to push that publish button...