Dropshipping journey of a Newbie :)

ahm750

Hi everyone,

I just launched my store 2 days back, and it's my first time doing dropshipping. So far the results look promising.

I've gained 4k followers on Instagram, mainly from shoutouts. As for orders, I got 1 order and 12 abandoned carts. The conversion rate is low unfortunately :( Trying to improve it as I learn new stuffs.

What's the rate of abandoned carts for you guys? And your conversion?

P.S: I'm using Shopify, but I feel that this forum is for all dropshippers no matter the platform :)

ZbigniewPL

Are to getting orders only from shoutouts ?

How many shoutouts you tried ?
What is the shoutout account's number of followers ?
How much you pay for one shoutout ?
Can you give example of a good shoutout text ?

Thank you
Best of luck

ahm750

Are to getting orders only from shoutouts ?

How many shoutouts you tried ?
What is the shoutout account's number of followers ?
How much you pay for one shoutout ?
Can you give example of a good shoutout text ?

Thank you
Best of luck

Hi, I usually go with accounts that have more than 100k followers and a very high engagement, that is each of the photos should have more than 50 real comments.

Nowadays, most accounts have fake engagements, especially fashion pages. The comments are usually done by comment groups and if you do your promos on those accounts, you are just losing your money without making any sales. Try to find genuine accounts with real engagement.

Reactions: Yan

ZbigniewPL

Hi, I usually go with accounts that have more than 100k followers and a very high engagement, that is each of the photos should have more than 50 real comments.

Nowadays, most accounts have fake engagements, especially fashion pages. The comments are usually done by comment groups and if you do your promos on those accounts, you are just losing your money without making any sales. Try to find genuine accounts with real engagement.

Thanks for your tips. Can you share with a good performing shoutout template ? I mean text without product name/picture.

Would be helpful.
Cheers

ahm750

Thanks for your tips. Can you share with a good performing shoutout template ? I mean text without product name/picture.

Would be helpful.
Cheers

I don't have a specific template, but one thing that I always do is to mention that the sale is for a limited time. This creates an urgency for customers to buy before the sale expires.

kingpin

Today is the best day so far. Almost reaching $1k sales :)

I would definitely recommend everyone to follow @kingpin and @Moussdog journeys as I learned a lot from them.

Great mate. Way to go.

just a small question how much are you paying per shoutout in average?

is it a niche store or a general one?

rasirie

What payment processor you use and are you facing any issues like chargebacks, money holds by the processor ets. so far?

ahm750

What payment processor you use and are you facing any issues like chargebacks, money holds by the processor ets. so far?

I use Stripe and PayPal. No issues with them yet. I check each of the payments carefully to make sure it is not fraud. There were 3-4 cases in which I had to cancel and refund the order because the transaction was looking fraudulent.

So my advice would be to take a close look at each payment, mainly the large orders, to make sure it is not fraudulent and avoid chargebacks.

rasirie

I use Stripe and PayPal. No issues with them yet. I check each of the payments carefully to make sure it is not fraud. There were 3-4 cases in which I had to cancel and refund the order because the transaction was looking fraudulent.

So my advice would be to take a close look at each payment, mainly the large orders, to make sure it is not fraudulent and avoid chargebacks.
Thanks man! Can you give some more details on what to look and be aware of when checking payments? Sorry if it sounds like a silly question but i am new to card processing game and would like to get myself prepared. Thanks again!

ahm750

Thanks man! Can you give some more details on what to look and be aware of when checking payments? Sorry if it sounds like a silly question but i am new to card processing game and would like to get myself prepared. Thanks again!

Well, you cannot really be sure if a payment is fraudulent or not. For US, Canadian, and UK payments, you can easily verify this by making sure the ZIP and Street checks have passed, otherwise see if the card name matches the customer's name and the card origin is the same as the shipping country.

Joon Weng

Well, you cannot really be sure if a payment is fraudulent or not. For US, Canadian, and UK payments, you can easily verify this by making sure the ZIP and Street checks have passed, otherwise see if the card name matches the customer's name and the card origin is the same as the shipping country.
Hi, thanks for the details.. I'm also new to dropship and my store is almost setup. my question is "how to check the compatibility of the card matches the customer name and the car card origin?

Thanks in advance!