Direct Import and all different prices...

Madcowto

I am still a newbie to Alidropship. I am confused. I wanted to stick to one vendor for my product so I only use Direct Import. I ran into issues.

The price of the item on Aliexpress shows $3.50.
The sale price shows $3.33.

I multiplied by 3.

So, the price of the item would then be $10.50 and sale price $9.99 respectively based on the formula. I imported the product. When I viewed the product, it shows $12.99. The sale price shows $11.99. When I added to the cart, it didn't give me $11.99, but $12.99. But shouldn't it be $9.99 or at least $10.50?

I don't know where the $12.99 and $11.99 came from. Was it because I am in Canada and the prices shown have an exchange element? I am confused like hell.

Help!!!

Igor

Administrator
Staff member
I am still a newbie to Alidropship. I am confused. I wanted to stick to one vendor for my product so I only use Direct Import. I ran into issues.

The price of the item on Aliexpress shows $3.50.
The sale price shows $3.33.

I multiplied by 3.

So, the price of the item would then be $10.50 and sale price $9.99 respectively based on the formula. I imported the product. When I viewed the product, it shows $12.99. The sale price shows $11.99. When I added to the cart, it didn't give me $11.99, but $12.99. But shouldn't it be $9.99 or at least $10.50?

I don't know where the $12.99 and $11.99 came from. Was it because I am in Canada and the prices shown have an exchange element? I am confused like hell.

Help!!!
Hello,

Thanks for contacting us!

Please check your AliDropship --> Settings --> General menu and make sure you don't have both Rounding enabled and cents assigned, because if these two option are both enabled, your final price would increase. If you want the prices to end with .99, I suggest that you disable Rounding and just leave .99 in the Assign Cents field.
If you want just the formula to be applied, disable both options there.

I hope the above resolves your query.
Please don't hesitate to reach out if you run into any problems with this process.

Best regards,
Igor

Last edited:

Madcowto

Thanks Igor. I think I got it correctly now. Another question. I knew I posted the product. I noticed though when I went back to check it later, it went back to "Draft" status. I know in Alidropship that you can set to "Do Nothing" or "Send to Draft" if the product disappeared in Aliexpress or ran out of stock. Neither of these 2 situations apply to the product I imported. So, I don't understand why the product kept moving back to Draft status when it was previously published. When I checked Aliexpress, the product was still there and there was inventory (I believe). I don't understand why the status of the product I imported kept moving back to Draft status.

Igor

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Igor. I think I got it correctly now. Another question. I knew I posted the product. I noticed though when I went back to check it later, it went back to "Draft" status. I know in Alidropship that you can set to "Do Nothing" or "Send to Draft" if the product disappeared in Aliexpress or ran out of stock. Neither of these 2 situations apply to the product I imported. So, I don't understand why the product kept moving back to Draft status when it was previously published. When I checked Aliexpress, the product was still there and there was inventory (I believe). I don't understand why the status of the product I imported kept moving back to Draft status.

I'm incredibly sorry for the trouble that you face with updating products that you face. This will be fixed in the next release of AliDropship Woo plugin.

Best regards,

Madcowto

Ah lovely! Thanks Igor. I am really impressed with Alidropship. The support is unparalleled. You guys are always quick to respond and look into any issues. Sofwares are softwares. There is almost guarantee any softwares could have bugs, but so good to know that you guys are always on top of things.

I hope to see in a future enhancement if at all possible that you can search by the actual vendor name that sells on Aliexpress and so I could import products exclusively from a particular vendor and don't need to use Direct Import at all and import item by item. Right now, the search can search for a type of products. I hope future enhancements can allow you to search by vendor. Thanks.

Madcowto

Igor, I am still experiencing the same issue. The product did not disappear from Aliexpress and not out of stock, but my previously published product kept moving back to "draft" mode. Is it because an automatic price update or inventory update would send a previously published product back to "draft" status? If that is the case, I had the setting set to automatic price and inventory update. If that is the case, then I would set all setting to no update then, and only do manual updates. I just don't understand why my product kept moving back to "draft" status when it was published. With this, then the product in my store would disappear from the customer's selection for no reason at all. Please clear my understanding. Thanks.