Difference between Paypal Classic AND Paypal API REST

SergeFromFrance

Hi everybody,

I'm testing the different paiement method for my shop.

I have tried the two versions of Paypal integration method but I don't really see a difference (the two methods redirect me on an external page, no method is full integrated in my shop).

What I see :
- With the classic method : I can add an URL of an image (eg my logo) and not with the API integration
- With the API method : I can add "smart buttons" (one for CB paiement and one for Paypal paiement) but the documentation says that :
"PLEASE NOTE! this option is available only for customers from the United States of America, Canada, and the United Kingdom." (I'm from France)

So the API integration for me seems to be similar because I can't add smart buttons.

At this moment, I use the classic Integration, in the documentation for Classic Integration, it speaks about "Seller Tools" I don't see this kind of option, my Paypal interface is in french (I translate) and I have a professionnal account.

My question in few words :
- is there a big difference between Paypal Classic and Paypal API (or just what I've said in this message) ?
- is the documentation for Paypal Classic is already up to date (I don't find the same items in my french professionnal Paypal interface) ?

Thanks by advance for your response.

1586882355600.png