DaVinci Layout question

CaptainFlashlight

I have seen another Ali DaVinci 2.0 site that I really like the layout. I have been unable to duplicate it. This testimonials and blog appears below the features. On my site I have an option for an Article there. Where can I enable my blog on the home page much like this user has?

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 5.39.02 PM.png

Direct Webstore

That's done by two plugins ... and their shortcodes are inserted in either in the Article section in Customization ... or in the front-page.php theme file. (Possibly in a child theme). Can't tell from that screenshot.

Don't ask me what the plugins are. No idea. Do a search for "Testimonials" and "Latest Posts Grid". Try a few out and put their shortcodes wherever you want them. The easiest place would be in the Customization/Home/Article section.

Give me the URL and I could possibly find out what the plugins are. PM sent.

:)

Direct Webstore

They're using Thrive Themes Custom Post Grid for the Blog posts ... https://thrivethemes.com/custom-post-grid/
As for the "Testimonials ... they appear to be a custom HTML table they have made themselves ... and the the testimonials are fake.

I think it would be easier to do it this way ...
Do a search for "Testimonials" and "Latest Posts Grid". Try a few out and put their shortcodes wherever you want them. The easiest place would be in the Customization/Home/Article section.

If it was me ... I'd just use a Latest Posts grid and skip the "Testimonials". No one believes them. It's also adding a lot of page slowing images to your home page. But up to you.

CaptainFlashlight

Thank you so much. I was just interested in the blog function. I thought it was a nice layout with the testimonials but I don’t have any yet ;-) not inclined to use fake ones just yet. Haha.

Direct Webstore

I was just interested in the blog function.
I that case ... type "Latest Post Grid" into Plugins>Add New and you will find plenty of free ones to try. Just insert the shortcode into the Article section. (center it) Put a title above it in the text tab like this <h3>NEW BLOGS</h3> or whatever you want. The "h3" size will match the other titles on the page (Best Deals etc)

You can still have a front page article under it for SEO purposes.

:)

CaptainFlashlight

You have been a tremendous help and you were spot on with your recommendation. The only glitch I'm having is in the font and formating matching the Davinci theme. Choosing the h3 header type didn't seem to do the trick. Might I ask for suggestion?