DaVinci 2.0 Missing Line Item Label for Tax in checkout.

elliot59

Gadzooks, how y'all doin'??

In my Davinci 2.0, I collect tax only from one state, and that's Florida, USA.
I did a test for a shipping address in Florida, and it shows the tax, but it does not label it as such. The label is missing.

And when I do an edit to the shipping state, to one that is not defined as taxing, it does not remove the tax. No.
When I proceed to the next step in the checkout, and then return to this page; then it removes the tax upon re-rendering the previous page.
Editing the state of the shipping address, almost always changes the tax amount. Is there a javascript missing?

Notice here, under the shipping line item; there is no "Sales Tax" label explaining the $4.83
I realize that I may have not noticed some piece of documentation somewhere; if you could point it out to me, I would be grateful.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Gadzooks, how y'all doin'??

In my Davinci 2.0, I collect tax only from one state, and that's Florida, USA.
I did a test for a shipping address in Florida, and it shows the tax, but it does not label it as such. The label is missing.

And when I do an edit to the shipping state, to one that is not defined as taxing, it does not remove the tax. No.
When I proceed to the next step in the checkout, and then return to this page; then it removes the tax upon re-rendering the previous page.
Editing the state of the shipping address, almost always changes the tax amount. Is there a javascript missing?

Notice here, under the shipping line item; there is no "Sales Tax" label explaining the $4.83
I realize that I may have not noticed some piece of documentation somewhere; if you could point it out to me, I would be grateful.

View attachment 9763
Hello, have you put any information here:

Taxes ‹ Winter — WordPress - Google Chrome 2019-08-08 14.46.03.png
Your shopping cart – Winter - Google Chrome 2019-08-08 14.48.31.png
It works ok for me.

As for changing states - you need to complete the checkout steps to the final once again - to get tax information updated.

elliot59

Victoria,
That solved the "Sales Tax" literal issue. But I want to make the following suggestion...
When I am on the Customer Information page is where the shipping address is entered. In the U.S. sales tax is based on the shipping address.
So if I change the shipping address from a state where I must collect sales tax, to one where I do not; the sales tax line should disappear, or at least be set to zero.

In my example, the state starts out as Florida, and there is a sales tax line item on the right. That is correct.
But I'm sending this as a gift to someone in a different state, and therefore no sales tax should be there. Changing the shipping state has no effect. Continuing to the Shipping Method still shows the sale tax. Not until I get to the Payment method page does it remove the sales tax.

At this stage, I want to change the shipping address again, back to Florida. So, I click "Edit" next to the shipping address. It takes me back to the Customer Information page, where I change the address back to Florida. And again we don't see the sales tax amount until you go all the way to the payment method.

There needs to be some JavaScript on the customer information page to react to a change in Shipping State event, and adjust the sales tax line.
In fact, it would be perfectly reasonable, instead of making the Sale Tax disappear, simply set it to Zero.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Victoria,
That solved the "Sales Tax" literal issue. But I want to make the following suggestion...
When I am on the Customer Information page is where the shipping address is entered. In the U.S. sales tax is based on the shipping address.
So if I change the shipping address from a state where I must collect sales tax, to one where I do not; the sales tax line should disappear, or at least be set to zero.

In my example, the state starts out as Florida, and there is a sales tax line item on the right. That is correct.
But I'm sending this as a gift to someone in a different state, and therefore no sales tax should be there. Changing the shipping state has no effect. Continuing to the Shipping Method still shows the sale tax. Not until I get to the Payment method page does it remove the sales tax.

At this stage, I want to change the shipping address again, back to Florida. So, I click "Edit" next to the shipping address. It takes me back to the Customer Information page, where I change the address back to Florida. And again we don't see the sales tax amount until you go all the way to the payment method.

There needs to be some JavaScript on the customer information page to react to a change in Shipping State event, and adjust the sales tax line.
In fact, it would be perfectly reasonable, instead of making the Sale Tax disappear, simply set it to Zero.
It's done like that because changes without clicking on the next step of checkout - couldn't be applied. It can't be updated automatically, it's impossible technically. And I think it is not a common issue when client changes the state constantly )))