Custom color variation images

Liloush

Hi guys,

I'm working on my site now, and I'm really struggling to add custom images to the color variations. Basically, the plugin pulls the images from Aliexpress, but I want to either have color swatches, such as the ones from Woocommerce, or custom images.

I'm in general using custom product images and not the ones provided by the supplier, and I really don't want to use the ones they provide for the color variation, as they scream dropshipping.

So for example, let's say this is being pulled from Aliexpress:

Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 14.32.04.png

I want instead to either have color swatches, where a circle or square just shows the color (similar to the below) or upload custom images created by me.

Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 14.33.37.png

Is this at all possible? And if yes, how exactly?

I'm using the AliDropship Woo version of the plugin

Last edited:

Yassine.Samaki

Hello friend,

did you find any solutions ? because i'm trying to do the same thing using the plugin "Variation Swatches for WooCommerce"

But more I use this plugin more I find issues...

I was so exciting to use it at first but now each time I try to customize or doing something I'm struggling with an issue...

If you find any solution let me know,

Thank you :)

Direct Webstore

I try to customize or doing something I'm struggling with an issue...
A solution for what? You failed to mention what the "issue" or "issues" are. I mean issues with the "Variation Swatches for WooCommerce" plugin.

Why don't you just forget that plugin and try Mar's solution above instead?

Reactions: Mar

Mar

Hello friend,

did you find any solutions ? because i'm trying to do the same thing using the plugin "Variation Swatches for WooCommerce"

I was so exciting to use it at first but now each time I try to customize or doing something I'm struggling with an issue...

Thank you :)
What you want is in the setting of woo version plugin. You are making it complicated by using another plugin.

Direct Webstore

You are making it complicated by using another plugin.
Right. Quite a few Woo plugins that deal directly with products don't work well or even work at all with imported/updated products. They are meant for normal retailers with their own (non imported) products.

Yassine.Samaki

Hello,

so if I understand some of you guys, if i want to use a plugin for color instead of using settings I can't ? so i'm not totally free to do whatever I want to do with my wordpress because of the Alidropship plugin ? If I want to make it complicated it's my business i guess ? the only thing I want to do is adding another plugin to my wordpress without being on issue because of another plugin. It's not how Wordpress works ? adding plugins to build / use our website ?

Second point, I've talked to a support about that, and they said it's a bug. Using color variations instead of images does not work and i have to wait the next version for a fix. So YES color variations showed on product detail but when you want to select the color of your product the color is not selected like "disabled" and impossible to add to bag the product because one option is missing (color).

So thank you guys for your advices, and thank you for your help :)
Have a good day.