Currency Setting and Exchange Rate missing in WOO Version

Igor

Administrator
Staff member
Hello
I do not have the currency setting and exchange rate option as indicated here
https://alidropship.com/codex/how-do-i-change-my-currency/

This is a problem for me and I do not how to find a way around it.

I want to sell primarily in AUD but the Plugin uses USD and does not work when I import and have the product on AUD.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you
Hello,

AliDropship Woo doesn't support currency options, so you need to use a third-party plugin, such as the ones below:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-currency-switcher/
https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-multi-currency/

Goji

Awesome Thank you Igor.
I have installed the Woo Currency Switcher but it looks as if I can only import using USD. Is that correct? When I switch to AUD in Ali and the Currency Plugin.. the price metric shows the US price and calculates on the US price.
Is there a way around it or do you suggest keeping it in USD?
If so how can I redirect people from Australia directly to AUD.

I want to do a store for Australia and would prefer to have everything in AUD. Can I change the currency in the Alidropship code..I think it is strictly linked to USD.

THANK YOU

chazm

Same problem here. The woo plugin imports USD prices from Ali. It means even I have WooCommerce default currency in New Zealand Dollars it imports prices from USD source from Ali and put it into product and you end up with USD prices showing as they are NZD if it makes sense. It's very inconvenient because you can't really setup pricing rules accordingly.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Same problem here. The woo plugin imports USD prices from Ali. It means even I have WooCommerce default currency in New Zealand Dollars it imports prices from USD source from Ali and put it into product and you end up with USD prices showing as they are NZD if it makes sense. It's very inconvenient because you can't really setup pricing rules accordingly.
You can use Currency Switcher and convert USD in NZD , so you will have default currency USD and additional is NZD.

ptadmin

This is a required feature for several reasons:

- If I import a product with USD pricing and my store is set in AUD, I need to manually change the prices so I am not left out of pocket.
- If that product changes price and Alidropships updates the product on my store, it will revert to USD prices and I will charge AUD - again leaving me out of pocket. This could happen without my knowledge.
- If I am an Australian store, I want to sell in AUD - not in USD. My customers will question why I am charging in USD. Or may not notice at all, place an order and then complain about the price charged to their credit card.

This NEEDS to be implemented - your competitors are doing it.

gerardopg

hello team,
Is there any new on this issue?
This is a show stopper for me as, clearly explained before, I cannot "suggest" my potential users "go and change the price conversion". I could be affected in my country while not providing default prices in our local currency.

The suggestion provided in previous threads does not fix the root issue: Alidrop Woo plugin can use our local WooCommerce while importing data. You could even produce a paid add-on to help those of us having the issue.

Please provide feedback. Thanks in advance.
Gerardo.

Barbara

When will it be implemented? We need it now.
I tried to use All Currencies for Woocommerce plugin. But it doesn't work.

Barbara

Hi,
I think putting a currency converting feature into AliDropShip Woo should be a top priority for the development team.

We all need it, to do international business. It's an essential element, and should have been there from the start. Right?

Please get it done ASAP!!!

T-Dog

Hi there,
I have a similar issue with currencies. I am using a third party currency converter, but unfortunately it is showing the wrong prices on the shop and product pages for some reason. If I disable the "sales price" of a product it shows the right prices. On cart and checkout pages the right price is shown as well. Does anybody have a similar experience, and more interesting, a solution?

jumper

Hi
Same here.
I thought this would be obvious to have it as a feature by default. as said before, It's an essential element of the plugin.
I cant make any progress with my store without it.
It would have been fair if you mentioned this before we put our money on alidropship plugin :(

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi
Same here.
I thought this would be obvious to have it as a feature by default. as said before, It's an essential element of the plugin.
I cant make any progress with my store without it.
It would have been fair if you mentioned this before we put our money on alidropship plugin :(
We are working at implementing this feature in AliDropship Woo plugin,
you can try this pligin as a temporary solution: https://wordpress.org/plugins/currency-switcher-woocommerce/