Currency not changing with IP (Version 1.0.4)

pinno

I have just noticed that the currencies on my site stop switching automatically. I have "Enable built-in currency switcher" and "Cache (Enable if you use cache plugin.)" both turned on and i remember it used to show the prices in local currency. what might i have missed here, please?

also, after posting this question, i moved the switcher widget to the footer and tried using that to change currency, it doesnt work at all, what may be the reason? i have all caching plugins turned off by the way. I also tried turning off all other plugins except for woocommerce and alidropship, nothing changes, the currecy switcher keep sticking to the default currency which in my case is usd.

so while waiting, i went to woocommerce settings page and reset the default currency to USD (it was USD also before, I changed it to another currency and then back to USD again) this time the prices are shown in my local currency only once, once I use vpn trying to have them shown in japanese yen, everything goes back to USD and never show again in my local currency or yen or anything else...

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

You were logged in as Admin when you tried different i.ps ... right? That may be your problem. Try again whilst logged out.

pinno

I actually tried both logged in and logged out, with chrome and opera, same result. currency stay as usd no matter what.

pinno

well..the default currency is usd, where i am accessing the site it should show as our own local currency so it has nothing to do with the vpn really

pinno

hows your wocommerce settings like?
mine are like below:
selling locations to all countries
default customer location geolocate with page caching support
currency usd

pinno

Looks like something is wrong with my browser. Ill test it again once i grt home and let you know. The weird thing is it is showing corrxtly with the default browser on but not with Chrome both on my cell phone. All wrong with chrome and opera when i tested it at home earlier

Mar

Looks like something is wrong with my browser. Ill test it again once i grt home and let you know. The weird thing is it is showing corrxtly with the default browser on but not with Chrome both on my cell phone. All wrong with chrome and opera when i tested it at home earlier
This built in currency switcher is strange. Before the latest plugin and chrome extension update, I cannot change currency when the extension is active. I did not take it seriously since visitors don't have this extension. But this time it is working fine.

pinno

So i still dont know what is wrong and why my browsers on my laptop and mobile phone keeps showing prices in dollar when they should be in our local currency. I have to clear my browser cache to see it showing right but for some reasons the currency type keeps going back to usd after a while.
I toke a short cut tho by borrowing my friends cell phones to check my site and surprisingly theirs show the right currency - and that's the only thing that really matters. I guess this may have something to do with browser cache and the cache plugin i use on my site.
Thanks guys for your help tho. You people are great!!

Mar

So i still dont know what is wrong and why my browsers on my laptop and mobile phone keeps showing prices in dollar when they should be in our local currency. I have to clear my browser cache to see it showing right but for some reasons the currency type keeps going back to usd after a while.
I toke a short cut tho by borrowing my friends cell phones to check my site and surprisingly theirs show the right currency - and that's the only thing that really matters. I guess this may have something to do with browser cache and the cache plugin i use on my site.
Thanks guys for your help tho. You people are great!!
Yes you are right. Earlier when I deactivated Alidropship chrome extension and see currency switcher working fine, I did not care about it anymore, after all it is what visitors see that really matter.