Contact Us page - how to edit the content?

Ulros

I wanted to edit the content of the Contact Us page which is a page called contact-us.
When I go there with the page edit then I can't see any content.

The site itself is displaying the content...

What do I miss?

Yaros

Staff member
There is no any special section for it in Customisation menu, but we will include such option in next releases.

southernX

I wanted to edit the content of the Contact Us page which is a page called contact-us.
When I go there with the page edit then I can't see any content.

The site itself is displaying the content...

What do I miss?
You can always create your own page and edit it the way you like.

Sven

I translate my site in German. And must also adjust the permalinks. For the pages Contact us and Thank You Contact pages, I have no possibility to translate these pages into German. I find it very unfortunate that such templates can not easily adjust. Both sides have pictures and the contact script. In October 2016 it was written that this comes in the next release. Where and how can I now edit these pages and adjust the text more easily, it affects several pages as these two.

southernX

I translate my site in German. And must also adjust the permalinks. For the pages Contact us and Thank You Contact pages, I have no possibility to translate these pages into German. I find it very unfortunate that such templates can not easily adjust. Both sides have pictures and the contact script. In October 2016 it was written that this comes in the next release. Where and how can I now edit these pages and adjust the text more easily, it affects several pages as these two.
I had a similar problem, but I fixed it this way...

1. Create a new page, for example Support
2. Put your new contact details and design this support page how you like it. Even in German.
3. Set up a 301 redirect from the old "contact-us" to the new "support" page with plugins like Yoast SEO where you can do this very easily.

Sven

This is not a good solution for me. Since 301 forwarding speed costs. I think it's a pity that the support is no answer. 2016 should be clarified.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hello, we can create an account for you in our translation platform, you will be able to translate these pages and they will be uploaded with the next theme update. Please PM me your email if you are interested in it.

Sven

Which I can do is aware of me. I need a solution! I have changed the permalinks for the contactpage and it is not there anymore. How can i proceed? So is the plugin only made for the English language market?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Which I can do is aware of me. I need a solution! I have changed the permalinks for the contactpage and it is not there anymore. How can i proceed? So is the plugin only made for the English language market?
This is a worldwide practice to use English language in domain names and slugs, this is not connected with our plugin. As I said already you can change it from English to German using a standard options of WordPress.

Sven

Yes but why are the Permalinks fixed? And do not let the user decide? In translation are 3 times contact us. One I have found on the Contactsite where can I find the other 2 contact us?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Yes but why are the Permalinks fixed? And do not let the user decide? In translation are 3 times contact us. One I have found on the Contactsite where can I find the other 2 contact us?
You can change it here:
upload_2017-8-16_12-43-57.png
I can't understand why are you asking us, because this is a standard option of WordPress.

Renee Hall

There is no any special section for it in Customisation menu, but we will include such option in next releases.

So it has been a year now since this issue was raised. Any update on which release will include the ability to create Contact Us page to the liking of the business owner? I also want this ability on the About Us page and Email Templates to Customers (confirming order shipment). I don't understand why there are such pages in the plug-in that have no relevance or override dominance over the default.

I would love to hear the status of customization plans. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Renee

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
So it has been a year now since this issue was raised. Any update on which release will include the ability to create Contact Us page to the liking of the business owner? I also want this ability on the About Us page and Email Templates to Customers (confirming order shipment). I don't understand why there are such pages in the plug-in that have no relevance or override dominance over the default.

I would love to hear the status of customization plans. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Renee
Hello Renee, could you please clarify what do you mean exactly?

Renee Hall

Hi, Victoria.

I was responding to a thread from October 2016. The question was asked about modifying the Contact Us page. Yaros replied that that capability didn't exist in the plug-in but it would be included in a future release. I stated that it's been a year since that question and I was asking about the status of the implementation. I don't like my Contact Us page and I also would like to customize that page.

I also would like to customize the About Us page and also create my own email templates that go to my customers. So I want to know if those capabilities can be built into future plug-in revisions.

Thanks for following up. Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Renee

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi, Victoria.

I was responding to a thread from October 2016. The question was asked about modifying the Contact Us page. Yaros replied that that capability didn't exist in the plug-in but it would be included in a future release. I stated that it's been a year since that question and I was asking about the status of the implementation. I don't like my Contact Us page and I also would like to customize that page.

I also would like to customize the About Us page and also create my own email templates that go to my customers. So I want to know if those capabilities can be built into future plug-in revisions.

Thanks for following up. Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Renee
Hello, Contact Us is a customizable section in Rembrandt and Michelangelo themes,
About Us is a customizable section in all three themes.
Email templates you can customize as well via admin area.

Renee Hall

Will Contact Us be customizable in DaVinci? How do you customize About Us? I have tried to use the About Us in the pages and it does not work.

upload_2017-10-16_22-16-31.png

My plug-in will only show what is in the About us page settings below, which is not customizable. upload_2017-10-16_22-15-33.png

"via admin area" Is this in cPanel?

Thank you much for your reply.

Regards,
Renee