Confusing about drop shopping model

vivian

Hi there

Read many articles and still very confusing about this drop shipping model.

I'm interested in this model because of no inventory and without a budget to buy stocks.

Can I really able to get products from AliExpress then sell to all countries around the world? or only in my own country? e.g. if I'm in Macau, not a US Citizen or Canadian or Australian etc. can i sell products to these countries?

I've heard from time to time people talking about setting up US company and address in US in order to sell. that's confusing me as it seems there are people selling products on their own, without any business registration. am i overlook something?

Do i really need a business account to have drop shipping business? i am not able to do this because i am working on my own, not able to submit proper bank documents or office address. it means that i am not able to run this type of drop shipping thing?

Do I need to contact the seller from Aliexpress, that i want to sell their products? or simply import their proudcts to my online store, then pay them when people buy from me?

There are many drop shipping lists in the market, but seem like you pay a subscription fee, and they need you to buy a minimum amount of product, unlike Ali express, you can sell your customer even 1 piece. Am i correct? or many of them also drop ship 1 piece of item? i am confused as i wan to try other drop shipping source too, without 100% focus on Aliexpress.

What most concerning me is about the payment, can i receive payment from customers via personal Paypal account, not the business / merchant account? many people say you need a paypal business account, but looks like some people able to use their personal account, will paypal reject payments of drop shipping business?

The other days i found an article somewhere, mentioning that Paypal hold their money or they need to shut down the online shop because dropshipping. is that true?

Heard dropshipping years ago but never have the courage to start until i failed from another business, learn a lot so want to check out if this dropshipping thing really can help me to survive.....

want to have a new start, so my budget is even more tight than earlier ago......want to make sure i am doing a legit business (will not baned by offical payment gateway or legal department) and able to scale in future. at least i can receive payments.

very very confusing.....Hope you guys can help and clear my doubts. Thanks a lot!

sozoalvin

Hi there

I'm interested in this model because of no inventory and without a budget to buy stocks.

Can I really able to get products from AliExpress then sell to all countries around the world? or only in my own country? e.g. if I'm in Macau, not a US Citizen or Canadian or Australian etc. can i sell products to these countries? - anywhere in the world. as long as they find your website, they can buy and you can sell. Well technically, you're not the one selling.

I've heard from time to time people talking about setting up US company and address in US in order to sell. that's confusing me as it seems there are people selling products on their own, without any business registration. am i overlook something? - if become a relatively big company, then you can start worrying about this. Otherwise, you're spending to much time worrying about the unnecessary.

Do i really need a business account to have drop shipping business? i am not able to do this because i am working on my own, not able to submit proper bank documents or office address. it means that i am not able to run this type of drop shipping thing? - no. you don't need a business account while there are benefits to owning one. same reasoning as above. Once you become big, you can consider this.

Do I need to contact the seller from Aliexpress, that i want to sell their products? or simply import their proudcts to my online store, then pay them when people buy from me? -import in, pay the seller when people order through you. Aliexpress sellers are busy fulfilling orders day in and out. Bluntly, they do not have the time to get back to you, even if they want to

There are many drop shipping lists in the market, but seem like you pay a subscription fee, and they need you to buy a minimum amount of product, unlike Ali express, you can sell your customer even 1 piece. Am i correct? or many of them also drop ship 1 piece of item? i am confused as i wan to try other drop shipping source too, without 100% focus on Aliexpress. - even 1 piece is fine. how many people do you have in a team? are you alone? if you have > 5 people, sure find multiple sources of products. But that's where you lose focus as well. Start from scratch, literally.

What most concerning me is about the payment, can i receive payment from customers via personal Paypal account, not the business / merchant account? many people say you need a paypal business account, but looks like some people able to use their personal account, will paypal reject payments of drop shipping business? - i have paypal business and do not have any problems registering for one. You may want to do the same.

The other days i found an article somewhere, mentioning that Paypal hold their money or they need to shut down the online shop because dropshipping. is that true?
- i have not heard of this. dropshipping is a completely legit business model

Heard dropshipping years ago but never have the courage to start until i failed from another business, learn a lot so want to check out if this dropshipping thing really can help me to survive..... - as cliche as it may sound - right traffic + right products = sales. Master this and you are on your way to good money.

want to have a new start, so my budget is even more tight than earlier ago......want to make sure i am doing a legit business (will not baned by offical payment gateway or legal department) and able to scale in future. at least i can receive payments. - what you need. Domain $12. Hosting, $75 siteground. Alidropship $89 . It's not that expensive if you add them up.

very very confusing.....Hope you guys can help and clear my doubts. Thanks a lot!

let me try to give you a few of my pointers. i was like you before and i just went head on. in business, you take risks, abeit a really small one with a dropshipping model

i will provide you answers via hyphens. See above.

vivian

let me try to give you a few of my pointers. i was like you before and i just went head on. in business, you take risks, abeit a really small one with a dropshipping model

i will provide you answers via hyphens. See above.

Thanks for your reply Sozoalvin, what do you mean provide me answers via hyphens? see above?

understand what you mean taking risks. but at the same time i want to forsee the chance of success. used to proscination a lot, read and study a lot...scare and wait too long to take the leap. that's the failure of my previous business. it took me too long to figure out whether it fits me or not, until i run out of money.

Then pressure push me back to re-think dropshipping, it's not easy for me as this is a total new atmosphere. need to learn everthing new so i am scare will fail again.

but when i talk to bank this morning....it's kind of frustrating. i really need to find a way to earn some money and able to scale and grow. not looking for BIG money but at least can survive without worrying too much about finance.

more advice are welcome. Ninjas.

sozoalvin

here - guess you missed them out.

Hi there

Can I really able to get products from AliExpress then sell to all countries around the world? or only in my own country? e.g. if I'm in Macau, not a US Citizen or Canadian or Australian etc. can i sell products to these countries? - anywhere in the world. as long as they find your website, they can buy and you can sell. Well technically, you're not the one selling.

I've heard from time to time people talking about setting up US company and address in US in order to sell. that's confusing me as it seems there are people selling products on their own, without any business registration. am i overlook something? - if become a relatively big company, then you can start worrying about this. Otherwise, you're spending to much time worrying about the unnecessary.

Do i really need a business account to have drop shipping business? i am not able to do this because i am working on my own, not able to submit proper bank documents or office address. it means that i am not able to run this type of drop shipping thing? - no. you don't need a business account while there are benefits to owning one. same reasoning as above. Once you become big, you can consider this.

Do I need to contact the seller from Aliexpress, that i want to sell their products? or simply import their proudcts to my online store, then pay them when people buy from me? -import in, pay the seller when people order through you. Aliexpress sellers are busy fulfilling orders day in and out. Bluntly, they do not have the time to get back to you, even if they want to

There are many drop shipping lists in the market, but seem like you pay a subscription fee, and they need you to buy a minimum amount of product, unlike Ali express, you can sell your customer even 1 piece. Am i correct? or many of them also drop ship 1 piece of item? i am confused as i wan to try other drop shipping source too, without 100% focus on Aliexpress. - even 1 piece is fine. how many people do you have in a team? are you alone? if you have > 5 people, sure find multiple sources of products. But that's where you lose focus as well. Start from scratch, literally.

What most concerning me is about the payment, can i receive payment from customers via personal Paypal account, not the business / merchant account? many people say you need a paypal business account, but looks like some people able to use their personal account, will paypal reject payments of drop shipping business? - i have paypal business and do not have any problems registering for one. You may want to do the same.

- i have not heard of this. dropshipping is a completely legit business model

Heard dropshipping years ago but never have the courage to start until i failed from another business, learn a lot so want to check out if this dropshipping thing really can help me to survive..... - as cliche as it may sound - right traffic + right products = sales. Master this and you are on your way to good money.

want to have a new start, so my budget is even more tight than earlier ago......want to make sure i am doing a legit business (will not baned by offical payment gateway or legal department) and able to scale in future. at least i can receive payments. - what you need. Domain $12. Hosting, $75 siteground. Alidropship $89 . It's not that expensive if you add them up.

vivian

Wow. Sozoalvin, thanks so much for your sharings. these help me and ease my anxiety a lot.

Yes, may be i need to stop worry too much. Since I'm new to this field, and read many information online mentining this is scam, many people fail and lost a lot money et.....I'm scare to dive in and worry that i'll lose all my money eventuallly. Of course i understand there's no guarnatee for any business but better check things out before i give myself more troubles.

It's nice to hear the person who really running a dropshipping business to share their tips.

No, i only have 1 person. Cool. Now i understand no need to spread myself too thin. agree stay focus frrst.

These payment stuffs make me spining around ...yesterday talked to Paypal understand that there's a option for individual using business account. guess it's the one you mentioned. Great!

Heard dropshpping years ago, many people talked about how to copy and paste products from Amazon and sell on their store or ebay etc. i was not feeling that's my thing. Until somehow bumb into Yaro's article sharing somewhere....then attracted my attention so i dive more deep into it while i am struggling in fnancal. Now Aliexpress is totally new concept for me and i feel i can accept this kind of business model. More like a "trading" business. Now i feel it's more "legit" as you said.

Yes, i can't recall where i get the info. but there are people was banned by Paypal or Stripe because of the nature of this business, and their payments was hold etc. that's why scare me. Afraid that spending time and energy and money but eventually forced to shut down.

Yes, agree. right traffic + right products = sales - i have knowledge about digital marketing. but need to learn how to pick the right niche and products, and how to incorporate these together.

Agree, to start a droppshing business is not that expensive. That's the reason attract me. Yeah. better take action now.

vivian

glad to help :) Vivian, please feel free to ask for help if you have any other questions. we are all here to help.

You are kind enough to share your tips Sozoalvin, i feel more relax now but of course still lots of things to learn. Thanks for Yaros set up this forum so people can learn and support each other.

This "own your business" thing is so lonely and many times feel trapped for not knowing what to do next.

Wish all drop shippers here have great success!