Configuring taxes

judyksp

Hi,

Can anyone tell me whether I should configure taxes for all the different countries that my customers might come from? This is my first store and my company is based in Thailand. For eg, in US, there are all different kinds of taxes for different products and different states. And I suppose other countries would also have taxes. How can I know what the taxes are or do I not need to bother about configuring them at all?

Any insight to this is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Judy

judyksp

So are you saying that I should not bother about it? Will I be required to pay the taxes when I purchase from Aliexpress for the customer?

Mar

So are you saying that I should not bother about it? Will I be required to pay the taxes when I purchase from Aliexpress for the customer?
When I place automatic order for a buyer I sometime saw tax added. most recently to the United States, meaning AliExpress is taking care of taxes. I am not sure if they are consistent. Yes, taxes it is the last thing I would bother.

judyksp

When you say that you saw tax added, do you mean the tax is added to your cost ie you pay AliExpress for the tax that has been added as well?

Mar

When you say that you saw tax added, do you mean the tax is added to your cost ie you pay AliExpress for the tax that has been added as well?
Again, that was when I placed an automatic order in AliExpress. It is not all the time. Could be depending on the destination state. The tax was very minimal, not even a cent, depend also on the cost of the product. It is not worth the time if I configure it in my store.