Category limit

Cosy

I've created about 13 categories & they're obscuring the "sale offer" (see image). I contacted support & was advised that the category limit is 10. Is there any way to overcome this? I don't want to redo this as I have advertised them with links. Appreciate your help. Thanks.CATEGORY OVERFLOW.jpg

Direct Webstore

Is there any way to overcome this?

Yes.

Option 1: Untick the box to disable "Sale Offer" to remove it.. It looks fake anyway. Install a popup instead.
Option 2: Make 3 of the categories sub categories of some of the other 10 ... and write off the current ads with links.
Option 3: Re-design to have 10 categories .. and write off the present ads with links.
Option 4: Make a child theme and edit the front-page.php.

:)

Cosy

Yes.

Option 1: Untick the box to disable "Sale Offer" to remove it.. It looks fake anyway. Install a popup instead.
Option 2: Make 3 of the categories sub categories of some of the other 10 ... and write off the current ads with links.
Option 3: Re-design to have 10 categories .. and write off the present ads with links.

Thank you very much for your help. I went with Option 2. How to install a popup, is this a plugin? Will it work on my custom store?

Direct Webstore

How to install a popup, is this a plugin? Will it work on my custom store?

I use "wBounce". (Search for it in the WP Plugins) It "pops up' when a visitor leaves your site. Much better than popups that hit you in the face when you first visit a site. It's works with any setup .. including the original Alidropship plugin.

I inserted a pic displaying a "50% Discount if you sign up to the newsletter " image ... and under it I inserted the sign-up form for for the newsletter ... then I created a 50% discount in the Alidropship discount section ... Then in the reply email for the sign up I gave them the Discount code. One use only.

Cosy

I use "wBounce". (Search for it in the WP Plugins) It "pops up' when a visitor leaves your site. Much better than popups that hit you in the face when you first visit a site. It's works with any setup .. including the original Alidropship plugin.

I inserted a pic displaying a "50% Discount if you sign up to the newsletter " image ... and under it I inserted the sign-up form for for the newsletter ... then I created a 50% discount in the Alidropship discount section ... Then in the reply email for the sign up I gave them the Discount code. One use only.

Thank you so much. You're very helpful. Appreciate it.

Mar

Yes.

Since you mentioned "child theme". I used it until recently I cannot open my website after the latest update. When I reported it to the support, I was told that I can use child theme but it is not supported, meaning every time there is an update I will have the same problem. So I activated the parent theme.

Direct Webstore

Since you mentioned "child theme". I used it until recently I cannot open my website after the latest update. When I reported it to the support, I was told that I can use child theme but it is not supported, meaning every time there is an update I will have the same problem. So I activated the parent theme.

At one point they renamed the home page file which caused me the same problem. A few minutes editing the new home page file and I've had no problems since. As for "child theme not supported" ... that's just not true. Maybe they mean "they" don't make child themes. (You have to make one yourself) :)

Mar

Child theme is child theme regardless of who make it. I have mentioned it not only once with the chat support of Alidropship and every time I was told that I can use a child theme but it is not supported. The last time just a few days ago, I was told I can use child theme just don't update the theme, meaning I will have a problem after.

Direct Webstore

Child theme is child theme regardless of who make it. I have mentioned it not only once with the chat support of Alidropship and every time I was told that I can use a child theme but it is not supported. The last time just a few days ago, I was told I can use child theme just don't update the theme, meaning I will have a problem after.

\They're wrong. Simple as that. I've been using a child theme for months with no problems. Tens of thousands of other Wordpress users use them with no problems either. Unless there is a problem with the way you made the child theme. Also ... sometimes support, because English is not their native language, tend to misunderstand things sometimes.

But if you're happy using the stock theme ... I'm happy too. :)

Mar

Just like you, it was my practice using child theme all the time. Only with this theme of Alidropship when I cannot open the site anymore after an update.

Direct Webstore

Just like you, it was my practice using child theme all the time. Only with this theme of Alidropship when I cannot open the site anymore after an update.

No problems with the Davinci theme for me ... except for the one time months ago when they changed the name of the front page file. Anyway ... hard to comment without knowing what theme you are using.