Cannot remove variations images!

oran147

Hi,
I have updated the plugin today.
Once I'm trying to remove the image of variation so only the name will remain without image, I cannot! It is coming back once I'm saving it!
I found out that when I'm changing the 'Aliexpress variation' to 'No Variation', I can remove it. But it's also removing the other data of the variation (price, etc).
I want to be able just to remove the image. Like it was on old versions.
Also, I don't need the 'Aliexpress variation', is there any way to cancel it? It will solve the issue!

*****VIDEO OF THE ISSUE:
***JUST TO MAKE IT CLEAR - I don't want it to be global so I cannot change it in Nice attributes. It's just part of the products that I want to remove the images of the variations sometimes.

Please advise!

1602332539457.png

Last edited:

the_lyall

Hover over the image in your screenshot and click the 'x' that appears. Then click the save button at the bottom under the variations.

oran147

Hover over the image in your screenshot and click the 'x' that appears. Then click the save button at the bottom under the variations.
I did it, it's coming back.... Unless I'm changing the 'Aliexpress variation' to 'No Variation', as I said...

the_lyall

I did it, it's coming back.... Unless I'm changing the 'Aliexpress variation' to 'No Variation', as I said...
If you're clicking the save button after removing it then it might be cached. Removing the image against the variations in that part will stop it showing in most themes.

That is where the image is controlled which replaces the main product page image when you select the variation. If you mean you want to change the thumbnail image which shows up next to the variation name (or in place of it) then you need to edit the attribute under Products > Attributes to view the items and remove the image against the one you don't want to show, or change the attribute display type from image to something else. It depends on what theme and plugins you're using.

oran147

No, it's not a caching friend, I don't have cache while I'm logged in. It started to happen only once I updated the version from 1.5.4 to 1.6.11.
It is also returning to the product itself, right after removing the image and clicking on save, when I'm opening the variation again, the image is there again!

the_lyall

No, it's not a caching friend, I don't have cache while I'm logged in. It started to happen only once I updated the version from 1.5.4 to 1.6.11.
It is also returning to the product itself, right after removing the image and clicking on save, when I'm opening the variation again, the image is there again!
Just in the interest of troubleshooting, does it still happen when you save it by clicking the Update button in top right (saving all product info) rather than clicking Save at the bottom (which just saves variations)?

oran147

Just in the interest of troubleshooting, does it still happen when you save it by clicking the Update button in top right (saving all product info) rather than clicking Save at the bottom (which just saves variations)?
Yes.. just cannot remove it without changing the 'Aliexpress variation' to 'No Variation' first

chris37

Yes.. just cannot remove it without changing the 'Aliexpress variation' to 'No Variation' first
A)
1)clean browser cache
2) clean cache plugin cache
3) Clean cdn cache
4)clean hosting provider cache
5)if nothing work ask your internet provider to clean cache.

If this not work

B) deactivate all plugin expect woocommerce and alidropship plugin and Try again to save the variation without image, if is working ok ... then you have a conflict with other plugin .

If nothing working from above

C) email support@alidropship.com
Give them your website url, username and password for they check it out.

oran147

A)
1)clean browser cache
2) clean cache plugin cache
3) Clean cdn cache
4)clean hosting provider cache
5)if nothing work ask your internet provider to clean cache.

If this not work

B) deactivate all plugin expect woocommerce and alidropship plugin and Try again to save the variation without image, if is working ok ... then you have a conflict with other plugin .

If nothing working from above

C) email support@alidropship.com
Give them your website url, username and password for they check it out.
Please have a look at this video and understand what is wrong and that is no caching issue:

the_lyall

Please have a look at this video and understand what is wrong and that is no caching issue:

Yeah that's not supposed to happen and isn't a cache issue by the looks of it. Looks like a bug to raise with support, possibly introduced with the recent multi supplier feature. Good video showing the issue.

Hello everybody,

This seems to be a bug. I've tested it on my test site - it's the same. Passed the issue to our dev team, they will check everything out, I will let you know when I get any updates.

Thank you for pointing at this problem.

oran147

Hello everybody,

This seems to be a bug. I've tested it on my test site - it's the same. Passed the issue to our dev team, they will check everything out, I will let you know when I get any updates.

Thank you for pointing at this problem.
Thank you! Please keep us posted on this thread.

Georgy

Hi,
I have updated the plugin today.
Once I'm trying to remove the image of variation so only the name will remain without image, I cannot! It is coming back once I'm saving it!
I found out that when I'm changing the 'Aliexpress variation' to 'No Variation', I can remove it. But it's also removing the other data of the variation (price, etc).
I want to be able just to remove the image. Like it was on old versions.
Also, I don't need the 'Aliexpress variation', is there any way to cancel it? It will solve the issue!

*****VIDEO OF THE ISSUE:
***JUST TO MAKE IT CLEAR - I don't want it to be global so I cannot change it in Nice attributes. It's just part of the products that I want to remove the images of the variations sometimes.

Please advise!

View attachment 13128
Hello! We will release the next version with the feature: you will be able to delete images or upload them back from AliExpress

gabstin

When I update the price a similar issues occurs! Variations which weren't having an image previously, suddenly all of them get a default product image.