Canada post strike?

otk

Hi,

my suppliers are telling me that there's a strike in Canada and they can't ship to Canada right now. Anyone know more about this? How long till its over?

Sunster

Staff member
Hi,

my suppliers are telling me that there's a strike in Canada and they can't ship to Canada right now. Anyone know more about this? How long till its over?
Yep there is. Right now there's something like 600 trailers full of mail that have not been delivered. Some mail is getting through as they are rotating strikes. And their union just rejected the latest offer last night. Our federal government will probably step in now as the busiest season is here and they are getting pressure from giants like Ebay and Amazon also.

My suppliers were still shipping and i let my customers know about potential delays and most of them were already aware and understanding. Now Canada Post has asked their international partners to halt shipments so that's probably why your supplier said no. It getting really hard for any business shipping to or expecting shipments here.

Last edited: