Bluehost ioncube loader / zend guard loader problem. Help needed!

fabregas

Hello, I'm trying to get the plugin work with Bluehost. I get "zend guard loader not found" or "ioncube loader not found" error depending on which version I use. I've contacted their support five or six times and spent hours using live chat. As a result I was said that everything looks good in their end.

This is what they say: “I am really sorry this is entirely out of the scope of our support. So you will need to contact a plugin vendor and check with them regarding the plugin so they can check with it. I feel it is the plugin causing the issue”

I was shown a page to prove that they have activated everything I asked. PHP is 5.6 as requested as well.

Could it be that there's something wrong with the plugin?

I'm pretty clueless what to do or try next. Switching to another hosting provider doesn't seem logical move unless I'm 100% sure it's their problem.

Anyone else has or had this kind of problems?

Would you please assist me in this matter. Thanks in advance!

Jeff Rose

If you can, set up a new PHP page on your server, call it 'servercheck.php' or something, with just the following code in it.

<?php
phpinfo();
?>
And then visit that page. It's probably what your host showed you. On that page there should be mention of IonCube or Zend Loader.

Once you're done, please delete that page for the sake of security.

Edward

I installed my website on a digitalocean droplet and install IonCube from the terminal. Some hostings may not support IonCube or Zend Guard modules for PHP.

Jess

Jeff's suggestion is what i would try first. Then you can confirm it yourself. I hated when my previous web hosts would say they did something but then i would confirm that they did not and had to ask again and again. With my current host i can actually confirm it (php version, zen guard, ion cube etc) is active from my cPanel control panel so maybe check that also.

kristijan95

same thing happening to me, I think that this problem is caused by Rembrandt theme I'm not sure cause plugin worked correctly when I used Da Vinci theme till I switched it on Rembrandt and IonCube is installed by default on Bluehost server

kristijan95

okay, same thing for da vinci theme again, it's not problem in themes, the plugin does it cause two months ago I've installed plugin normally and it functioned well on ioncube on bluehost, I don't know what Yaros have changed but it shuts off zendguard every time I try to go to settings>general or pages or posts in wordpress
@Yaros please can you fix this?

kristijan95

okay, I've contacted support once again but this time I was asking them to activate ion cube on particular domain and they done it and now it's working again :) :)
@fabregas try with ioncube