Attribute - Ships From - Change to My Location - Weird Behaviour

kittycatgifts

Hi there,

I have searched the forum for anyone else experiencing the same issue I am - and yet to find it. I have also read the documentation on changing attributes. https://help.alidropship.com/en/articles/4099154-what-can-we-do-with-ships-from-attribute.

1. I reset a product to import the 'Ship From' information
  2. In Alidropship for Woo - I renamed the 'Ship From' - to 'Your Location'
  3. I renamed 'China' to 'Rest of World'
  4. When I clicked update product, the 'China' one had changed to 'Rest of World', great. Worked well. Very Happy.:)
  5. But 'Ships From' - on product front end had not changed to 'Your Location' - boo, I thought it was supposed to?:confused:
  6. I went into Product attributes and renamed it to "My Location" making sure to leave the slug intact for future syncing of products.
  7. I then went and reset another product - which I knew had multiple 'ship from' locations.
  8. When I went to the frontend product page - the 'Your Location' was 'Ships from', but China, was still Rest of World (so that is good).
  9. I then went into Woocommerce Product Attributes and there was a new 'ships from' - with same Slug, as the new 'My Location' - which I changed earlier.
  10. When I go back into Alidrop Ship Attributes and rename the new 'Ships From' to "Your Location" and hit Update Products. Nothing happens.
  11. So I have had to go back into Product Attributes and rename the new "Ships From" to 'Your Location' - so now I have two in there.
  12. I am just about to try on a 3rd product to see if this behaviour happens. As I am pretty sure - any new products with the 'Ship From' - should not overwrite my new renaming - shouldn't they now import under 'My Location' as the slug for syncing is the same. Otherwise I am going to end up with multiple 'My Locations' in Product Attributes.
Ships From.png

Ships From2.png

kittycatgifts

Just an updated. So 3rd product imported - so yes, it created a new Ships From.

The only way I could think was to edit the product to an existing attribute.

1. I added My Location - in Attributes on the edit product box.
2. It only showed one option - which was ROW - and I had to add Russian Federation (for this particular product)
3. Then I selected it as a Variation, hit save.
4. Then in Variations, I matched the Your Location to Ships From location
5. Then in Attributes, the ships from, I unticked show in variations.

This seems like a lot of work. I have over 150 products - and if I am to import new products, I am going to get a new 'ship from' attribute each time.

Am I missing something? Have I not ticked a box properly somewhere? I have read all the documentation.

kittycatgifts

4th Product

1. Reset product with supplier
2. It imported Ships From Attribute
3. This time I went into Alidropship Woo Plugin Attributes
4. Rename Ships from to My Location
5. Refreshed product on front end, it still says Ships From.

kittycatgifts

Sorry to keep posting, I am just troubleshooting.

I have just noticed there is now a 4th My Location in Attributes, probably created since I did the 4th product. But it obviously can't sync with Ali Express - as it has a different slug.

Ships From4.png

I wondered why when I changed in edit product attribute to my location, I had to keep adding terms.

Ships From5.png

Ships From6.png

cebul

This is not directly related to your issues but I wonder what happens for example when a customer chooses the warehouse variation lets say France and when they go to the checkout they checkout to a country which is not France, I guess this can cause issues?