Anyone using Key-CDN to speed-up website?

Jasin555

Hello to all,

I need some suggestions to speed-up my website. I am using keyCDN from a while, but it takes about 5.5 ms to load in NewYork & 8.9 ms in California which is quite too much. I think nobody can wait that long to wait for the page to load.
I have GoDaddy hosting and base is in Europe, So I believe better to use CDN for US/Canada.

So, I want to ask you guys if anyone is using KeyCDN?
  • What settings are you using PULL or PUSH zone?
  • Suggest any other cheap alternative to super-speed the website? (My 70% traffic is on mobile and it is very slow, bounce rate is about 70-75% everyday)
  • Suggestion to optimize mobile version?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hello to all,

I need some suggestions to speed-up my website. I am using keyCDN from a while, but it takes about 5.5 ms to load in NewYork & 8.9 ms in California which is quite too much. I think nobody can wait that long to wait for the page to load.
I have GoDaddy hosting and base is in Europe, So I believe better to use CDN for US/Canada.

So, I want to ask you guys if anyone is using KeyCDN?
  • What settings are you using PULL or PUSH zone?
  • Suggest any other cheap alternative to super-speed the website? (My 70% traffic is on mobile and it is very slow, bounce rate is about 70-75% everyday)
  • Suggestion to optimize mobile version?
Hello Jasin,
First of all, we would recommend changing your hosting geo zone if your target market is US/Canada.
To speed up your website, you can optimize your images (compress them) and cache (install WP Super Cache ).

Jasin555

Thanks, I am already using WP-Smush pro for optimizing images and Wp Super Cache.
I will think about changing the hosting region.

robert syputa

Jasin, It seems that you are on the right track for your needs. If your core market is in Europe, then it makes sense to host from a site close to your users. CDN/s located in your secondary markets makes sense. If you were to ramp up, then you should move to VPS so that you have more control over the server. That could use centminmod as an optimized server stack that is easy to implement if you know the Linux operating system. It has a low-mid learning curve. Centmin mod provides Worpress optimization 'out of the box'. It has a few cache alternatives but the basic Wordpress+cache enabler+Autoptimize will work without adjustment other than to follow the same suggestions as for WP Super Cache - set cache refresh each time a 'post'/product page is added or edited. and exclude account users from caching.

Centminmod is free/donation based and VPS are available for under $100/year. If your site became a heavy hitter, you could scale to multiple VPS.